Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't had any errors in my V3 for serveral days in a row but Sean just sent me a V4+ to test with so I swapped it out and now running V4+

So far so good. I'm waiting on the companion app that talks to the BMS. Sean said it shouldn't be much longer on getting that out to us but to not wait on installing and testing with V4+ so that's what I'm doing now. .

On a side note. The V4+ weighs only 8lbs. My former V3 battery was a tad over 11 lbs.

I haven't had any errors in my V3 for serveral days in a row but Sean just sent me a V4+ to test with so I swapped it out and now running V4+

So far so good. I'm waiting on the companion app that talks to the BMS. Sean said it shouldn't be much longer on getting that out to us but to not wait on installing and testing with V4+ so that's what I'm doing now. .

On a side note. The V4+ weighs only 8lbs. My former V3 battery was a tad over 11 lbs.
What firmware version? I'm on FSDBeta 2022.20.17 waiting to do a swap when more data.

I'm getting my v4+ in a week or so. Ohmmu has been very responsive, so overall I have to give them high marks even though it's been an hassle having to do resets from time to time. But I have never been stranded so I can't really say that the difficulties have been much of an imposition. I'm still curious as to what Tesla keeps doing to defeat their BMS.

I recently checked the App Store to see if maybe the OHMMU app is available and lo and behold here it is and this is what it looks like when you connect your battery to it on the V4 plus

B485B441-48EC-42CC-AF96-C460221C4170.png

I see in the app store it says "This app is also used to perform battery resets and will be used to reprogram BMS settings in the future." I have a V4 sitting on the shelf and have requested the V4+ to test against then latest FSDBeta software. I also asked if they are collecting the data for analysis. If total voltage is 13.3V this may work. The V4 (non +) was at 14+ volts and the car rejected it after about 6 hours. The resting voltage of 13.3 may be close enough. I've been running a DiehardEV battery in the interim. It's an AGM and it settles around 12.9. I'm curious how a reset takes place. The Voltage button on the bottom - is this to select graphical?

Last edited:
When I got mine, Without hesitation I just put it on my Li Trickle charger. I wasn't sure if they came fully charged or not but assumed maybe partially. Looks like yours definitely could use a top-off.

I got an email back from Sean where I asked him about returning my V3 and if there was anything about the App to be aware of specifically. He said nothing really much to look out for on using the app. I guess it's pretty much self-explanatory. Also, that I can keep the V3 and do with it what I like, however, this ends the warranty support. I suppose I can't blame him. I'm sure my initial purchase never intended to cover the cost of providing me with 3 batteries (2 of which I can keep). and it makes sense this had to come to an end at some point. Not sure how you guys feel about it though but I still feel like if my V4+ suddenly failed that Sean would still try to make things right and I will hold onto my V3 for a while. Hopefully whatever Tesla changed in the 2022.24.8 stays with all future updates. (I just got 28.2 yesterday).

Reactions: dfwatt