Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do we receive the update?
My understanding it will be through an app update. FWIW I see the Model S battery has added both Bluetooth and an heating element and am GUESSING the heating element is the hardware mentioned in the support section coming late June 2023. I know they have been through 5 internal rewrites if the app software and it is actively being updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: miles267
What causes the screen reboot after wake up? This only happens with the Ohmmu battery.
Sean send me an email that the update should roll out this week. I hope this solve most of the issues we have.
I actually had mine crash after getting back from a 18 day holiday with the lead acid. Soon as I opened the door the screen went black. Took a solid minute or two before I saw the T logo and reboot. I actually just had to sit there waiting for the car to reboot while wanting to hit the post office to go get that many days worth of junk mail lol. I don't even know why I still have a mail box.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Another month and soon quarter passes, and still no app update or firmware update for the aging v4/v4+... Tesla has long moved on, Ohmmu/Sean appear to have done the same.
Exactly, and I wasn't holding my breath that there would be an update. It would have been nice and I would have been very surprised had there been
one. On the plus side though, my nightly reboots stopped. Not sure if there was something Tesla did slightly to the 12v system on one of the recent updates or just a coincidence that the perfect set of conditions that were causing it isn't being met due to my charging or driving habits lately. My guess is something in one of the updates though.

My v4+ trips the cars monitor within 6hrs. Load sheds. If you don’t catch it in time it dies. A firmware update was rumored but I don’t know if this is solvable.
I know cold weather was an issue where the battery showed reduced charging rates thereby setting off messages. I don't know if warm weather had the same affect. The older batteries apparently didn't have temperature monitors (according to the video posted on one of these threads showing a teardown.) I see the Model S battery has a thermal blanket along with other model batteries on the Ohmmu site. I had a similar experience when I reinstalled in warmer weather with load shed in less than 24 hours with an internal temperature about 86F. Not sure if the high temp caused the load shed. Mine is back on the shelf waiting for a software update (if that is the issue). Next time it trips take a snapshot of the app data pages to see if ay monitor item is red and to see the internal temperature.

Last edited:
My v4+ trips the cars monitor within 6hrs. Load sheds. If you don’t catch it in time it dies. A firmware update was rumored but I don’t know if this is solvable.
You mentioned the car load sheds after 6 hours. I had found during any reset of battery install, the car goes into a 6 hour charge sequence and wont sleep until that cycle is complete. In the video below, even though it is not a V4+ (the author mentions no temperature monitoring and the V4+ has monitors) it is mentioned that after the battery is charged full the charge side switches off but load can still be pulled from the battery. If so, that would explain the load shedding. After your charge cycle is complete, the car continues to trickle charge and also trickle draw at +/- .01-.03 amps and if the Ohmmu BMS switches off charging even for a minute the Tesla system will see no charging even small draw taking place. That would throw an error and set off the load shedding. This may be the hardware revision mentioned coming.

Yeah it was right around the end of that sequence when it load shed. I think you mentioned in the past putting the battery in < 100% so it charges vs sitting there trickling that whole time. Definitely seems to be the issue.
I'd like to know more how it handles the cold weather and how it deals with that too with out a heat element.

Yeah it was right around the end of that sequence when it load shed. I think you mentioned in the past putting the battery in < 100% so it charges vs sitting there trickling that whole time. Definitely seems to be the issue.
I'd like to know more how it handles the cold weather and how it deals with that too with out a heat element.
Pass it all along to Ohmmu maybe one of us gets an answer. I just recharged my V4+ from the shelf using a Lithium 5 amp battery charger and the most it would charge to before full was 13.94V. Not sure if the BMC stopped it (all indicators still green) or chemistry change in the battery so that is all it could take.

Last edited: