Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
grabbed the new app. I didn't click the firmware update yet. I've got 58 cycles on my v4+ and the nightly reboots stopped a few updates ago so I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger. ;).

Anyone install it and have any good info to report?
I updated the battery. Took a few minutes. When you select update it will ask which car. Haven't sent any data to Ohmmu. Not sure other than the ability to update and send data what vehicle specific updates are made. Sent a note to Ohmmu as there are no release notes. All it says you can update the battery with configuration settings for your model 3. But no idea what those settings are or any changes from original. Tomorrow I will reinstall and see how it does.

Last edited:
1688248926160.png

Ah you beat me. Installing PPF all morning. Front bumper takes like 3 hrs.

Updated w/ model y config and it started at 71%. Now says 19%.
1688249609552.png

Last edited:
View attachment 952485
Ah you beat me. Installing PPF all morning. Front bumper takes like 3 hrs.

Updated w/ model y config and it started at 71%. Now says 19%. View attachment 952489
After the 6 hour charge cycle with every batter install or reset it was rejected. No warnings in service menu or main screen. Just reduced charge amps drawing it down. Removed and sent data file to Ohmmu

Even at 8A charge it thinks it would take 8hrs to get to 100%. My 1.8A charge would take 44hrs.
Sent Sean a message. Seems like some math is wrong on the Model Y profile.
Cell voltage is at 3.376V at 28%.
That sounds right. I charged from 28% to 100 using 5 amps and it took 6 hours. I can't tell if the issue is with the Ohmmu BMS or the Tesla. I know cold affects charging hence some of the new batteries with heaters but is there a warm battery restriction? My battery was at 95F and previously 86F when the issues occurred. However, during winter when above 40 but never above 55 for weeks I had about 10 weeks of no issues.

I applied the Model 3 BMS config with new Ohhmu app release. Wonder if they continue to roll out newer BMS firmware how that would work, just reapply the config name again for your specific vehicle? Anyway, V4+ battery is still sitting in garage waiting to replace my functional $80 lead acid one if folks report that the newer BMS firmware is actually better for the Model 3's specific 12V charge & discharge problems with Ohmmu.

Reactions: miles267
That sounds right. I charged from 28% to 100 using 5 amps and it took 6 hours. I can't tell if the issue is with the Ohmmu BMS or the Tesla. I know cold affects charging hence some of the new batteries with heaters but is there a warm battery restriction? My battery was at 95F and previously 86F when the issues occurred. However, during winter when above 40 but never above 55 for weeks I had about 10 weeks of no issues.
73F here. I emailed Sean. I’ll report back if the Y profile had a discrepancy with %.

Last edited:
Why on a Lithium Ion battery charger does the Ohmmu V4+ battery remain in status of Balancing at 97% and never get to 100% or complete the balancing cycle?
Mine hit 100% and had a cell delta of like 0.055v and then balanced its way down to 0.001v. I drained it down with an inverter and fan. After I periodically see it say balancing when the cell delta is 0.002v then stops at 0.001v.
Sean would know if it’s active or passive balancing while it’s charging or if it’s throwing the power to the lesser charged cell.
I’d reach out to Sean if it’s not getting to 100%. Sounds like an issue like I had where the State of Charge % might be off due to some test data in it while they were debugging.

1688826311754.png

Sean had said a revised version of the software profiles was released over the weekend before the 4th. I noted "EXTREME" as a choice in place of OHMMU5. Installed the "updated" software for Model 3. Installed V4+ at 100% prior to installation. M3 ran normal 6 hour 12 volt battery initialization. At the 6 hour mark, V4+ showed 100%, then app said "Balancing", then it started discharging. At 89% I removed it. No messages but not normal. I went in to Service mode and saw a message generated at the 3 hour initialization below. The condition was clear since no message was generated on the Customer side on the main screen. I didn't wish to wait for another battery drain off. Previously, (like 6 months ago) it would be normal for a 25 amp discharge during wake up, followed by a recharge back to 100% and 14.4 volts, followed by a 9 amp draw off to 13.4 volts and stop there until the next wake up. This time it just kept draining at 14 amps and I removed it at the 89%. (See below)

Sent this information to Ohmmu.

IMG_2001.JPG
IMG_2002.PNG

Anyone else done the V4+ software update and installed back into their M3 or Y? What were your findings? Ohmmu sent out an e-mail today asking everyone to update their software even if did so a few days ago as updates have occurred. Ohmmu said what updating the software is pulled from the server not the app so updates can occur off of the phone.

It’s frustrating that it seems like they have known there are problems since at least January, and there is no mention of this anywhere on the website or in any of the emails. I’ve never communicated with anyone named Sean, only with a “Queenie“ and my model X classic initially looked like it was working well… For just over The first two weeks. now it has rejected the battery after the 14 day period, but more recently it rejects it within several hours of resetting everything. This is not anything close to acceptable performance. Also I don’t get the benefit of any of the Bluetooth functionality. So I have no idea what revision battery I was sent or anything, but they want me to pay again for the shipping to replace it.
If I’m going to be beta testing their hardware, I shouldn’t have to be funding the process.