Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longest time Tesla service has taken to repair an issue?

Longest time Tesla has taken to repair your car?

• Never had an issue with Tesla

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Up to 1 week

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Up to 2 weeks

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Up to 1 month

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Up to 2 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 3 months

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Up to 6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 12 months

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Over 12 months

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that there are a lot more Teslas on the road compared to few years back, service quality at least in some areas has gone down. What is the longest time your have had an issue open waiting for Tesla to repair it: from time of first contacting Tesla about the issue to them successfully repairing the issue or closing the case as something that will never be repaired.

When I first got my Model S, they cracked the roof due to the end of quarter rush. Because they lack a logistics system it took them 3 months to replace it. Just took it in for a onboard charger fix and all service is now a 24 to 48 hour turn around time due to staffing shortages. No rental cars available just Uber credits. Not a good look, imo.

Will update to say that service was completely successfully within 24 hours and I feel like that is a reasonable timeframe given what was required knowing all the parts were already there. I need to give credit where it is due and Tesla left me with a good impression all said and done.

I’ve been waiting one month so far for my 2018 Model 3 PTC heater replacement. My car died (likely as a side-effect of heater failure) and had to be towed into shop 3 weeks ago. Part backordered with no ETA. Will fill out poll when I get my car back.

I'm at my wits end. I've had a headlight out for 2+ months, they've finally replaced the headlight, however the service tech failed to test that it was actually working before he left stating "everything is good now". And to make matters worse, my park assist is disabled after the service call and report of the ultrsonic sensors are out, so now I can't use the summon feature to park in my extremely tight garage. wtf is this garbage? you don't check your work after servicing?

Finally got my car (2018 Model 3 AWD) back today, 10 weeks after the problem was first reported, 9 weeks after a new PTC heater was ordered, and 7 weeks after the car became undriveable. The heater was horribly backordered.

I took my 2023 MX LR six seater in for service, 2nd row passenger seat does't tilt, it's been 3 weeks now.
was told waiting for parts last week, then part came in early this week, was told should be able to pickup car early this week, now they're telling me they are still waiting for part and I can't pick it up. Tesla better do something about these service centers before they ruin Tesla in the long term.

Reactions: Sharps97