Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Look at my new...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the by ...

I've always been a bit surprised by lack of formality. I rocked up and drove away in a car. I was never asked to show any ID ... I did chat with staff about the car and some of my personal details would have been implicit ... but ... I didn't show any insurance details either. That's been the same the last two times I've been there ... they made up a plate last time without seeing any Retention paperwork, and offered to do that this time although before we got to actually doing that I decided a stick-on would look better and didn't proceed.

Further shambles today ... but nothing unexpected. Disappointing though ...

I picked up two cars. It has been impossible to get the Invoice Address on the second one correctly entered, and different to My Tesla account (been trying that for days ...). They did get the right name so I gave up at that point ... I am sure Accountant will be happy with Company Name being correct. No idea whether V5 will be right, but if it is my address that will have to do for starters.

But at Spares today the address they offered to use was straight off My Tesla and that was the "other one" (that I was trying to get them to put on the 2nd invoice). They also had to change the email address on my account, because the one on my "one off" invoice couldn't be the same ... and then remember to change it back again afterwards. You can't make this stuff up ...

Reminds me: Off to check what Email Address and Snail Mail one has wound up on my account.

By the by ...

I've always been a bit surprised by lack of formality. I rocked up and drove away in a car. I was never asked to show any ID ... I did chat with staff about the car and some of my personal details would have been implicit ... but ... I didn't show any insurance details either. That's been the same the last two times I've been there ... they made up a plate last time without seeing any Retention paperwork, and offered to do that this time although before we got to actually doing that I decided a stick-on would look better and didn't proceed.
Excuse the ignorance, but what do you mean by they made you a plate up?

By the by ...

Lived in the US years ago and it was shockingly informal. Bought a used car from a main dealer. We hadn't moved all our money to our US account, so told the guy that if we bought it (on the day that we had a test drive) tent any cheque that we wrote would bounce. He said, fine. Just put a post-it note on it to say not to cash the cheque for a couple of weeks. Drove off with the car there and then.

Is cherished being used as a substitute for Vanity plate?

Cherished is what the DVLA used to call it ... but I'm old as the hills and that was before you could buy a plate of choice.

First time they did that was "H" ... Wifee bought a CRX and a while later Honda brought out the VTEC, and I liked the Boy Racer approach of keeping it above 6,000 RPM so the cam stayed in big-valve-lift mode. Anyway ... I bought H15 XXX for it, and she wasn't very impressed next time she came home and saw it ...

Some years later the lettering was favourable so I bought a "Hers" plate ...

80685882-FF17-4920-A5B1-EFE34EA42616.jpeg

Picked up from Edinburgh today

Take the delivery today. 7-8 peoples are in groupe. For the level of services and information provided, en....... I would say gaps between doors and body is big.

For me, after using iOS for 10 years, and done 40+ videos for M3 from the day I placed my order. I don’t mind. Having few people in the groupe at aged around 65, I have the feeling that they will spend another 2 hours before driving away.

I can understand they are busy as 20+ deliveries today. But being owner of Honda/VW/Porsche/BMW/Mercedes, it’s not bad. Let’s see.

Attachments

• 5C23C98D-4035-4807-A571-457AD1D36B37.jpeg
    5C23C98D-4035-4807-A571-457AD1D36B37.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Boggle
I was at the Edinburgh Service Centre on Wednesday and it was jam packed with newly delivered white M3s ... I probably saw yours before you did! Enjoy it!

mine will be there too (white sr+) but have delayed pickup from 24th until 1st March to get 20 plate.

thanks to everyone for taking great pics of white standard with Aeros on and off - I couldn’t find any that were as clear as these so thanks! these have def justified me going with the white - the glass roof looks fantastic against the contrasting white body and the grey wheels when the aeros are off