Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Look what I found in Gran Turismo 6...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Gran Turismo 6, the racing game, was just released yesterday. The Model S is included as one of the new cars (the Roadster was in the last game, and is in this game too). There's also a new feature called "Vision Gran Turismo," where automakers design cars for use in the game...or something like that.

Anyhow, the newest Mercedes concept car, the one which was rolled out recently, is the first of the "Vision Gran Turismo" cars in the game. There is also a list of other manufacturers/design houses who have submitted designs. You can see them all here: Vision Gran Turismo - PRODUCTS - gran-turismo.com

Take particular note, if you scroll down, there is an entry for Tesla Motors. If you click on it, you can see this concept sketch:
i1iZJgJNzhJ5FC.jpg

Now, this is not a car. This is not a future car. It's not a concept car. This is simply a design and nothing more and there's zero reason to think it will ever see the light of day even as a clay model. However, it seems that it will eventually be made into a car for the video game, which is pretty cool. I hadn't noticed anyone else share this on TMC yet, so I thought I would.

So who did this sketch? Did it come from Tesla's design studio or from the game labs? The horizontal chrome strip below the T shows there was a modicum of effort to make it a Tesla design.

Thanks for sharing!

So who did this sketch? Did it come from Tesla's design studio or from the game labs? The horizontal chrome strip below the T shows there was a modicum of effort to make it a Tesla design.

Thanks for sharing!

I believe the idea behind these is that they come from the auto company's design studio. That's the case with the Mercedes one anyway.