Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at used Model X’s, looking for opinions / advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much would you pay to upgrade to a refreshed Model X (used and/or new)?

Compared to late-2016 P90D X the 2022 Long Range X has 5.5 more years of battery and motors warranty, 100 miles more range, faster charging, similar 0 to 60 time, better screen, plus 2.5 years of bumper-to-bumper warranty. Plus much higher resale value later. I don't know, maybe $20K? I'm not really convinced that there will be a quieter cabin and a less bumpy ride compared to my December 2016 X, so that's the main reason why I'm not considering paying $40K more to upgrade. For a huge price increase I want Lexus/Mercedes/BMW/Audi levels of quietness in the cabin, and Tesla doesn't provide that yet.

Where did you see this? The website still gives you options to purchase.

Sure you can still buy an Xcare warranty on a 2016 Tesla, but it doesn't include coverage on the battery. For my state (California), it shows the prices but also says "Based on your vehicle entry, this coverage excludes the High Voltage Battery." I assume it's the same for all other states too.

• Informative
Reactions: XCare EV and Tiger
Sure you can still buy an Xcare warranty on a 2016 Tesla, but it doesn't include coverage on the battery. For my state (California), it shows the prices but also says "Based on your vehicle entry, this coverage excludes the High Voltage Battery." I assume it's the same for all other states too.
Ahhhhh…..I didn’t catch that when looking. That definitely changes my thinking then. A 2016 seemed like a great deal at the prices thinking I could get a few years warranty for $5k.

Compared to late-2016 P90D X the 2022 Long Range X has 5.5 more years of battery and motors warranty, 100 miles more range, faster charging, similar 0 to 60 time, better screen, plus 2.5 years of bumper-to-bumper warranty. Plus much higher resale value later. I don't know, maybe $20K? I'm not really convinced that there will be a quieter cabin and a less bumpy ride compared to my December 2016 X, so that's the main reason why I'm not considering paying $40K more to upgrade. For a huge price increase I want Lexus/Mercedes/BMW/Audi levels of quietness in the cabin, and Tesla doesn't provide that yet.

If your vehicle is within 7 years of age, and under 100,000 miles when purchasing XCare, then your Battery should be included in the coverage.
Please reach out if you have any questions . [email protected]
Happy Driving!

-Team XCare

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
If your vehicle is within 7 years of age, and under 100,000 miles when purchasing XCare, then your Battery should be included in the coverage.
Please reach out if you have any questions . [email protected]
Happy Driving!

-Team XCare
Translation for those wondering about 2016 Teslas : Xcare EV will no longer sell a warranty for the high-voltage battery for any 2016 Tesla vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy and Tiger