Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for “Reject worthy” & “common oversights” Checklist items

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I’m picking up my X in a couple hours.

I’ve looked at a few checklists and even bought the $5 one from teslachecklists.com (that was worse than the free ones).

There was a fairly good checklist for the Model 3 I used last year but it was way overkill, spent more time skipping over silly stuff.

It’s silly to be checking things that are rarely a problem, nor serious and clearly covered. Like checking each speaker works or every bulb. I don’t want to waste my time or Tesla’s on stuff like that.

One common big concern is obviously the FWD. Yeah that’s on every X checklist but all they say is “check FWD”. Well duh. How? How do they typically fail? How do you judge an adjustment from something more serious?

Common over-sites for a particular model are great too. Like maybe a missing sunscreen or something.

Things like paint or scratches should be noted on inspection so they can’t claim it happened later.

So currently my total list is:

Check FWD with no knowledge of how.
Check paint.

What’s your “short list”?

I’m picking up my X in a couple hours.

I’ve looked at a few checklists and even bought the $5 one from teslachecklists.com (that was worse than the free ones).

There was a fairly good checklist for the Model 3 I used last year but it was way overkill, spent more time skipping over silly stuff.

It’s silly to be checking things that are rarely a problem, nor serious and clearly covered. Like checking each speaker works or every bulb. I don’t want to waste my time or Tesla’s on stuff like that.

One common big concern is obviously the FWD. Yeah that’s on every X checklist but all they say is “check FWD”. Well duh. How? How do they typically fail? How do you judge an adjustment from something more serious?

Common over-sites for a particular model are great too. Like maybe a missing sunscreen or something.

Things like paint or scratches should be noted on inspection so they can’t claim it happened later.

So currently my total list is:

Check FWD with no knowledge of how.
Check paint.

What’s your “short list”?

I was told by the SC on pick up that paint faults have to be seen from three different directions in order to qualify as an issue.
Check to ensure you are getting all of your goodies. My LUDICROUS wasn't downloaded. Took four weeks. Cup holder dividers where missing. Front door (passenger) only opened by KEY FOB. Dual Motor logo was on crooked. Beta wipers didn't work. A/C made loud noise and vibrated through the accelerator pedal, as one of the tubes was up against the body.

I was told by the SC on pick up that paint faults have to be seen from three different directions in order to qualify as an issue.
Check to ensure you are getting all of your goodies. My LUDICROUS wasn't downloaded. Took four weeks. Cup holder dividers where missing. Front door (passenger) only opened by KEY FOB. Dual Motor logo was on crooked. Beta wipers didn't work. A/C made loud noise and vibrated through the accelerator pedal, as one of the tubes was up against the body.

I find it hard to believe Beta Wipers didn’t work. That is purely software. They work, but they suck like they did on Model 3.

So far so good otherwise.

Only outstanding issue is getting Tow Software enabled. They seem clueless about it. I’ll try it with a trailer and see if it lights up the tow controls. Others say you shouldn’t need a trailer hooked up.