Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a Mechanic who can replace air suspension compressor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried going through the Service Center but they have terrible bed side manner and I frankly do not trust them. I can drive the car anywhere around the valley. I would replace this part myself but I don’t have the automotive skills to do this.

2014 Tesla Model S

I already have the part.

Any recommendations?

I tried Gruber Motors and they overpriced me at $1,310.00 just for labor; Tesla was only going to charge me $500. What’s interesting is, a lot of people claim taking the Tesla to any mechanic to do it should be easy; however most don’t want to even work on suspension.

$1300 is an insane amount of money to charge to do the compressor, unless that includes the parts as well.

I don't know shops in Phoenix, but have you considered calling around the Tesla Certified Body Shops? They're independent, but have access to Toolbox - so, they should be able to install the compressor without issue, and have shop software on hand if they need to run the re-level command, etc.

If not, then any performance shop or Euro shop (BMW/Mercedes, etc) should be able to do it. Our air systems are quite similar to Mercedes Airmatic. And at the end of the day, it's just not a difficult job. You could boost their confidence even more by printing out the remove/replace instructions from the tesla shop manual, which is free online.

$1300 is an insane amount of money to charge to do the compressor, unless that includes the parts as well.

I don't know shops in Phoenix, but have you considered calling around the Tesla Certified Body Shops? They're independent, but have access to Toolbox - so, they should be able to install the compressor without issue, and have shop software on hand if they need to run the re-level command, etc.

If not, then any performance shop or Euro shop (BMW/Mercedes, etc) should be able to do it. Our air systems are quite similar to Mercedes Airmatic. And at the end of the day, it's just not a difficult job. You could boost their confidence even more by printing out the remove/replace instructions from the tesla shop manual, which is free online.
Any suggestions on which body shop that would be willing to install an air suspension compressor.

$1300, was without parts. I already have the part.