TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for a multi-million $ penthouse in Miami, a Model S & don't want to haggle?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Larry Chanin, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

#1 Larry Chanin, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Get A Free* Tesla Model S With These Miami Luxury Condos

miami-condo-500x281.jpg
    To boost interest in their Miami luxury condos, Property Markets Group is offering a free Tesla Model S to penthouse buyers. But as always, there’s a catch.

Larry

2. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Yeah, but does the Model S come with the rear cup holders?

3. Bill D

Bill D Member

Since they chose to throw in a Tesla, I watched that robotic parking video expecting to see the charging cable to get automatically connected and disconnected, but they blew it and lost my Penthouse order.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

LOL. That's pretty dumb offering robotic parking with a free Model S.

5. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

In Japan there are some robotic parking manufacturers with slow charging capabilities, but this apparently does not seem like it. :)

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It did seem odd to me that they would pick a Tesla for this offer given the lack of charging capabilities in the garage. A slow charging system would seem to make the most sense. The garage could have a number of EV platforms. Only problem is that the garage system would need to know you're pulling in an EV before you pulled in the car, unless they could generate a strong enough field with a device under neath the primary support platform. That would provide more flexibility.

Or install a supercharger. You could signal via an app that you want your car in 30 minutes. Robots take it to the SC.

Not as sexy, but doable now - just install an SC near the entrance to the garage. All manual, but it at least solves the problem.

7. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

I know nobody is actually planning to purchase this condo but hey, we are just interested. :)

To offer slow charging on these types of parking: actually it's not that difficult. Every tray has censors wired, so in addition to existing wires, add one more power cable to the harness, and mark such trays with power cables for EVs. If an EV owner came to the entrance with its own passcode or electronic ID, the parking system could retrieve empty tray with power cable.

8. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

From the article:

It doesn't specific the capacity, but I would figure you could get whatever Level 2 charger you wanted at these prices.

Larry

9. TheConnected

TheConnected Member

We took a look here recently for investment purposes, we could not justify it for its current price.