Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a tint installer in the lower mainland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine tinted at RDI Detailing, when they did Opticoat ceramic coating. I'd prefer a darker tint, but all in all, I'm happy with the result. Btw, they just tinted rear window just above roof line. It's okay. You can't tell it from outside, but there is a line that you can see from inside.

Attachments

• IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3050.JPG
    IMG_3050.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 77
I went with Street Legal Tint on SW Marine Drive in Vancouver. Did rear 5 pieces with full coverage of the back window in 1 piece using SunTek Carbon 18%, $550 before tax. There is no problem with visibility from inside the car at all.

I also checked out PH Solar for compairson. They were only able to use dyed film (claims their ceramic film is not large enough to cover whole rear window in 1 piece) and costs nearly 1K before tax. So going with Street Legal is a no brainer for me.

I had ceramic coating done with RDI as well, but at that time they did not offer tinting service so I can't say if they provide better deal if you boundle it with coating and PPF.

Last edited: