Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y, window tint leading to window gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently picked up my Model Y last week and drove straight to the detailing shop to tint the windows.

Has anyone noticed the tints affecting the window or having window gaps after installation?

Side Note, I wish i bought the performance. Price difference was not as major as I assumed :(

GG5EqJNWEAAdfIY.jpg

Details, please.
The driver side door. When I close the door, the window goes up, then goes back down leaving the lining slightly exposed. Water doesn’t leak in nor do I hear wind sound, but there is a slight gap.

Update:
I don’t have a picture as Tesla mobile came out and took the door apart and adjusted the windows. Took the tech about 40 minutes and many emergency releases to reset the system.

He said the window did that on purpose due to the temperature to allow access in case of freezing. I have NEVER heard of this. Can someone confirm?

The driver side door. When I close the door, the window goes up, then goes back down leaving the lining slightly exposed. Water doesn’t leak in nor do I hear wind sound, but there is a slight gap.
When it is close to, or below, freezing that is how the windows work, go up all the way, and then down just a hair, so that if ice forms you can still open the door without damaging the trim.

He said the window did that on purpose due to the temperature to allow access in case of freezing. I have NEVER heard of this. Can someone confirm?
Yep, they added it as a feature a long time ago.

Reactions: Pianewman