Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have the UP - perfect carbon fiber weave, fitment and looks imo. Also reduces drag and increases downforce.

uprear.jpg

I personally don't like carbon fiber and have been very happy with this spoiler from Tesmanian Tesla Model 3 Rear Trunk Spoiler

They only have solid black color available, but they used to have it in a handful of colors. Mine is in midnight silver metallic and has been solid for the 2 years I've had it on. It also cost me double what they are selling it for now, so if you want the solid black and like the style you are in luck.

PXL_20230422_003832652.jpg
IMG_20210523_143847.jpg

I personally don't like carbon fiber and have been very happy with this spoiler from Tesmanian Tesla Model 3 Rear Trunk Spoiler

They only have solid black color available, but they used to have it in a handful of colors. Mine is in midnight silver metallic and has been solid for the 2 years I've had it on. It also cost me double what they are selling it for now, so if you want the solid black and like the style you are in luck.

View attachment 938858
View attachment 938857

How is the fitment of this tesmanian spoiler?

Also reduces drag and increases downforce.

Whatever you may think about any particular wing (one came with my TM3P), just beware that the above two goals are mutually exclusive.

Rear downforce is generated by drag. More effective wings will generate more drag.
There are some (performance driving) situations where it's a very good thing for Model 3.
There are many other situations where folks will say the opposite.

HTH,
a

Whatever you may think about any particular wing (one came with my TM3P), just beware that the above two goals are mutually exclusive.

Rear downforce is generated by drag. More effective wings will generate more drag.
There are some (performance driving) situations where it's a very good thing for Model 3.
There are many other situations where folks will say the opposite.

HTH,
a
For the UP spoiler, it really is a modest reduction in drag from smoothing departure airflow, which coincidentally results in a tiny reduction in lift on the trunk. So, for the efficiency spoiler it is technically not “more downforce” but rather “less lift.”

Of note, front lips accomplish the same thing. They are not necessarily providing an additional downward force vector, but by smoothing incident airflow, they reduce total drag as well as the high-pressure area below the front bumper, and therefore increase the total normal force on the front axle.

*edit*

Oh, and I settled on a $60 universal wing from Amazon as part of a real-world attempt at experimenting with increased downforce (which is actually noticeable at high speed with the wimg set at very steep angles of attack), but mostly for #streetcred.

One of the Model 3's most popular body kit components is the carbon fiber spoiler. A spoiler is a wing-like structure that attaches to the rear of the car and is designed to improve its aerodynamic performance by reducing drag and increasing downforce. The carbon fiber spoiler not only improves the car's performance, but also gives it a sporty and aggressive appearance. Tesery.com offers a range of carbon fiber spoilers, including a low-profile spoiler that is designed to fit seamlessly into the Model 3's trunk lid.

You can view video to learn more