TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for a used S60

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by BStP, Mar 15, 2016.

1. BStP

BStP New Member

I just want to state in advance, I understand my request is quite low. In all honesty, I don't make enough money for this vehicle and that's why I'm trying to get one used. I'm in my 20s, married, and am Active Duty Army. I bought a sports car when I was 17 and 'knew it all' and unfortunately I'm paying for Premium Gas every day during my 180 mile daily commute. I'm trying to find a Tesla for under $50,000 and it's near impossible. I wish I had a backseat for a childseat, or an electric car so my 180 miles wasn't so grueling and expensive. If my inquiry is insulting, I totally understand, and I hope you accept my apologies in advance. I'm just trying whatever I can you know?.If you happen to come across anything that may work for me, I'd be sincerely grateful.

Thank you anyways for your time and consideration,

2. Jdcleary

Jdcleary Member

Have you considered a used S85 with higher mileage and thus lower cost? Your 180-mile daily commute may be better suited to an 85 vs. a 60.

We own a S85 and need to sell ours in order to purchase our model X 90D. Delivery is expected in the next 90 days (so says Tesla) and we really don’t wish to sell before then. However, the price for this $89,800 car in excellent condition will be less than $50,000.

Please PM me if this is something you wish to explore further.

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Looking at Autotrader, I see 12 listed at 50K or under. Even some 85s. I think you will find that 180 miles for a 60 will not really work without having to stop at supercharger or some other type of charger along the way.

4. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    I'll be selling my 60 in the next month or so, waiting in my X.

5. Gremlin

Gremlin Member

can buy mine for so I can upgrade to a 90D. 46K miles I'll sell it 46K if interested. PM me

6. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

If you don't have a charger at work then get an 85. EPA range is not fun to achieve

7. bigtex

bigtex Member

8. bigtex

bigtex Member

I am very new to this forum. I would like to know more about your car,