Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LOOKING TO TRADE - 22' BLACK MODEL X WHEELS FOR 22' SILVER WHEELS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scored a great deal on a P100D Model X through the forums, and getting ready for delivery end of this week or first thing next week.

My car originally came with 20' helix wheels, however I like the look of the 22's better - my OA was able to swap out the wheels for 22's but of course now they don't have the silver 22's anymore, so my car is coming with black wheels.

A little nervous about my deep blue exterior, tan interior, and black wheels.....

Anyone have silver 22's that they'd like to trade for my black 22's?

Thanks in advance - these forums have been extremely informational, and I can honestly the most exciting part of joining the Tesla world is the sense of community on these forums.

I'm in Southern California and will trade you. I don't use my 22's anymore at all. Let me know if it's worth the trouble thus far away.

If I were you I'd keep the black wheels... I think they look better.

Alone and on all the other colors, I think the black look better - no question, for someone with the blue, I feel like they are too aggressive.

Maybe I have to see the combo in real life....

Test drove Blue with black 22" wheels and really liked it. Just bought an X yesterday from Inventory and it is coming with 19" wheels. Am on the hunt now for 22" black wheels as I liked the combo so much, although 22" silver would a close second choice for me.

Test drove Blue with black 22" wheels and really liked it. Just bought an X yesterday from Inventory and it is coming with 19" wheels. Am on the hunt now for 22" black wheels as I liked the combo so much, although 22" silver would a close second choice for me.
That seems weird, as 19" wheels is a non-standard configuration. They do sell 19" wheels with winter tires, but I don't believe Tesla sells any other 19" tires in the Model-X store. Of course they do have 19" summer/all-season tires in the Model-S store...

Alone and on all the other colors, I think the black look better - no question, for someone with the blue, I feel like they are too aggressive.

Maybe I have to see the combo in real life....

I feel like black on black is more aggressive. I personally like blue with black wheels. Definitely recommend waiting to see them in person.

rear02_cropped.JPG

Thanks for that pic - it does look pretty cool!

I spoke with the delivery agent and I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I go to delivery to decide if I will keep the 22' black wheels or go with the original 20 helix.

Thanks everyone for all the help - its truly appreciated!

Scored a great deal on a P100D Model X through the forums, and getting ready for delivery end of this week or first thing next week.

My car originally came with 20' helix wheels, however I like the look of the 22's better - my OA was able to swap out the wheels for 22's but of course now they don't have the silver 22's anymore, so my car is coming with black wheels.

A little nervous about my deep blue exterior, tan interior, and black wheels.....

Anyone have silver 22's that they'd like to trade for my black 22's?

Thanks in advance - these forums have been extremely informational, and I can honestly the most exciting part of joining the Tesla world is the sense of community on these forums.

Don’t be nervous, the nicest Model S I’ve seen was blue, on tan with grey turbines. It was at the Santa Monica store which is inevitably where my inventory S came from. But it was sooooo nice. I think you’ll be very happy. That said trading for silver means you can always dip the wheels black and go back to silver

I tried to find a 100D for my wife in your exact configuration but I couldn’t find it so we went with white and silver turbines. Maybe we should just trade cars. But I get to keep my payment ;). Unless yours is less then I’m okay with yours :)