Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to transfer Model Y Perf order - pre price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order screenshot attached to see if the configuration works for you. This is $2k cheaper than current price plus potential to get the $7500 tax credit if the IRS does not change rules before you take delivery. It is set for delivery within March 1-15 window. Please DM if interested.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 1.41.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 1.41.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Order screenshot attached to see if the configuration works for you. This is $2k cheaper than current price plus potential to get the $7500 tax credit if the IRS does not change rules before you take delivery. It is set for delivery within March 1-15 window. Please DM if interested.

View attachment 911666View attachment 911666
You can't transfer. Read the fine print you signed at the time you ordered.

Upvote 0
Short answer, getting the Model S.

I have owned the X for 3 years and currently drive an S 100D, but the Y seemed to be a smarter buy for a daily driver/commute car as my work returns to work-from-office model. However, as a car aficionado who has multiple high-performance ICE cars, I could not get my heart there when I reflected on this being the car I would spend 2-3 hours/day commuting 2-3x/week. I really like my S and while the Y seemed amazing on the test drive, its hard to take a risk of not liking it as much as my S. As such, decided to get the S Plaid. It was a harder decision than I thought as the 1st generation immigrant experiences in me can't get over how much of a deal the Y Performance...however you only live once so thought I go for what I know for sure I would enjoy!

I will be listing my MS 100D with 80k miles on this forum soon and its under Tesla extended warranty under 100k miles and through 12/23/25 so hoping i can move it quick :)

Upvote 0
ah, didn't realize it wasn't transferable. Will ping Tesla to see if they will move the small $250 deposit to the other model I decided to get instead. Thanks for letting me know.
They wont allow you. I placed an order for a M3P and then decided to go with the MYP and they said that the 250 would only be transferable within the same model trims, not a different one.

Reactions: voxel
Upvote 0
you can transfer if you don't have another car on your account. I did it gave up my account to other user and let them finance and register car on their name. once they take delivery they can change email address and release your email address.

Done and dusted 1 week back.

Upvote 0