Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Transfer Registration/account EDD Feb 9-18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it still possible to transfer Model Y registration?

I ordered MY right after price drop($52,999+$1k color option), which is $500 cheaper than current prices.

I don't need the car right now and prepared to cancel. I have no other Tesla vehicles on this account. could I give this entire account to someone else? I haven't completed any other pre-delivery information.

Model Y
Blue, Black Interior
19 inch wheels
MSRP: $53,999
EDD: February 9-18

Isn’t it tied to your email address?

While it might be “nice” to gift someone an order, to save $500, the technical side of me thinks this is a bad idea.

I’d say, just cancel the order and forget about it.

Isn’t it tied to your email address?

While it might be “nice” to gift someone an order, to save $500, the technical side of me thinks this is a bad idea.

I’d say, just cancel the order and forget about it.
Email can be updated on Tesla App. I guess I can ask Tesla but their responses are iffy. They only respond selectively.

I don’t know if the order agreement gets updates, but if I were an employee at Tesla, I might see this as a red flag and cancel the order.

For one thing, if it gets out that people could order and then transfer accounts, that could lead to mass scalpers/scammers.

So, to prevent that from starting, by canceling orders and making it known to the public they would cancel orders, those potential issues should be minimized somewhat.

Again, I would suggest just forgetting about this potential issue.

Reactions: SilverStar
I don’t know if the order agreement gets updates, but if I were an employee at Tesla, I might see this as a red flag and cancel the order.

For one thing, if it gets out that people could order and then transfer accounts, that could lead to mass scalpers/scammers.

So, to prevent that from starting, by canceling orders and making it known to the public they would cancel orders, those potential issues should be minimized somewhat.

Again, I would suggest just forgetting about this potential issue.
Look at the 'Similar threads' section below. Several people last year were transferring/selling their orders. It this was supported by Tesla, I would swap my current order for this one.

Is it still possible to transfer Model Y registration?

I ordered MY right after price drop($52,999+$1k color option), which is $500 cheaper than current prices.

I don't need the car right now and prepared to cancel. I have no other Tesla vehicles on this account. could I give this entire account to someone else? I haven't completed any other pre-delivery information.

Model Y
Blue, Black Interior
19 inch wheels
MSRP: $53,999
EDD: February 9-18
Hi caps,

Any chance you still have this reservation?