Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like a factory hitch may be an option for the 2021 S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gbailey

2022 Model S LR
Oct 9, 2019
Arkansas
I know there have been rumors before of a hitch option for the new S, however having just found this on the EPC a hitch option looks highly likely!
9BB1F360-1D6E-4876-BB44-9DAE0A86367E.png

Do you know if the US M3’s have the “hatch” for the hitch fitted but no hitch option to order? I know a few people who have retrofitted their M3’s with an Ecohitch and the Euro under tray with the access panel. I’m very much looking forward to a more “factory” hitch option for my next S…..

Omar confirmed the plastic is removable there. Aftermarket could go there easily. Tesla could absolutely do it. But why? It's a sedan. I guess for a bike rack maybe
I have a hitch on my current S and it’s invaluable for carrying my bikes and towing a small kayak trailer. It’s maybe not essential for everyone but it makes my life a whole lot easier!
AE6221E0-35FF-4DAB-B380-3A0456340E9A.jpeg

I have a hitch on my current S and it’s invaluable for carrying my bikes and towing a small kayak trailer. It’s maybe not essential for everyone but it makes my life a whole lot easier! View attachment 680488
Yeah, the EcoHitch is a nice aftermarket option for those wanting a hitch on their S. I have been using SeaSuckers to carry my bikes on my S. Both are great solutions, IMHO.

Reactions: gbailey