Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lose deposit if delay pick up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my vin and have been waiting for my car since putting order in March. We have decided to actually delay picking/delivery of car till we return our current lease on a car. We don't lose our deposit right? We just go back in line and wait till we ready? I remember seeing this question on the forum but couldn't find it, so sorry for posting again.

I delayed mine, after getting VIN assigned + March 28 scheduled delivery. No issue whatsoever, and no loss of deposit.

I was able to schedule my reservation to re-activate in July (I'll just have to re-apply for financing, and re-up my proof-of-insurance at that point).

I was in a similar situation in March. I delayed my delivery. They reset my ordering date to get back in the line. I still see the credit for the ordering fees in my account. So, my take is that you would not forgo your ordering fees when you postpone your delivery.

I delayed mine - no problem. I was suppose to pick it up around this week, actually. They had already assigned the VIN but just reassigned it to someone else. The customer service was really, really good. I asked heck, can I delay until JAN2021? They said, sure. Fine. So I'm in line for a late January delivery. Did not lose the deposit and they said, in writing, the price would not change provided I kept the same configuration. I've got to say, they were fabulous.