Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of satnav detail today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of days ago, yes. But did return after a short while. This was in local area immediately after setting off. It felt like it was having to (very slowly) download the maps again, but not sure why it would do that for local area.

Reactions: DaveNN
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, during a drive. Started out OK from home, then the details disappeared part way until I got close to home again. I presumed it was a Google / Tesla satnav data routing problem, but who knows.

Hasn't happened since and I didn't notice any issues today but I didn't drive any distance.

Happened to me today also! Not sure if it’s a central Tesla issue. I also paired the loaner car with my phone today and it downloaded my cloud profile, not sure if this had anything to do with it because it was as if it was re-downloading all the map data

Map very slow to load yesterday. I can see that if car was in area of poor network coverage you would end up with a blank map. But these are in areas that are not too far, if any, off the beaten track so would expect those tiles to already downloaded.

I’m seeing it in particular with oblique map views. Normally map is plan view is it not?

I need to check when it got a nav map update. It could just be new data to download and a slow connection.

Another thing I noticed is that GPS location of car was tracking beside the road and not on.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I’ve noticed mine keeps hanging onto my home Wi-Fi even though I’ve long left home so I eventually end up driving off the edge of the loaded map (much to my 6yr olds amusement). The car eventually realises the wifi is no longer there and hops to LTE and all is fine.
This is a recent issue.

I’m about 4 miles from home at this point and still showing on Wi-Fi. I’ve done the 2 button reset again today in the hope it helps.
IMG_1216.jpeg