Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost “low Regen” and “range” modes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a new X LR+ last week. I have driven a 2018 X before and used both range mode and low Regen mode. But I don’t see these options in the menu, see attached pic. I am on 2020.35.10.1

Do other X owners have these options still? I heard they may have been removed in June. If so, why?

Attachments

• 068384E7-800F-417D-8B69-A0BB074EBCF1.jpeg
    068384E7-800F-417D-8B69-A0BB074EBCF1.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 96
Older X here with 20.36.11 has Range Mode but not Low Regen. Never used low regen but have heard it helped some in slippery conditions. Range mode mostly reduces HVAC power so maybe with new tech it is not needed.

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B
Older X here with 20.36.11 has Range Mode but not Low Regen. Never used low regen but have heard it helped some in slippery conditions. Range mode mostly reduces HVAC power so maybe with new tech it is not needed.

I was just offered 36.11 for my X this evening. Installed and I still have both low regen and range mode. June 2018 X.

My Oct-2019 Model 3 also 36.11, still has low regen, even with hold mode set. It does not have range mode. But I don’t know if it ever had range mode, I never needed or used it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BM3B
I was just offered 36.11 for my X this evening. Installed and I still have both low regen and range mode. June 2018 X.

My Oct-2019 Model 3 also 36.11, still has low regen, even with hold mode set. It does not have range mode. But I don’t know if it ever had range mode, I never needed or used it.

My '18 MS on 2020.36.11 still has Low and Range mode. As for your M3 I'm not sure if the 3's had Range mode. I think only S and X have them.

My '18 MS on 2020.36.11 still has Low and Range mode. As for your M3 I'm not sure if the 3's had Range mode. I think only S and X have them.
correct no range mode on 3. I do want “low Regen” on my X, no idea why Tesla removed it. I’ll ask service next week.

Thanks for the idea. How lame if true! Well the X doesn’t have that range, and Anyways EPA should be measured with default settings, it shouldn’t matter if you can change it. and why remove “range mode” which should should only help EPA rating?

I am still confused. I tweeted Elon but no reply.

I believe if it is a setting that can be toggled off long term, then the EPA will take the average of the results of having it on and off. That's why ICE cars with engine auto start-stop will default the setting to ON at the start of every drive.