Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 2019 had backup cameras for a second while backing out of the drive, then all went dark. Lost all of the cameras (front/side/back). Just some spinning wheels of death. 😵‍💫

Tried shut down/reset. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 8E640B18-ABCE-405D-B808-722D01BC524F.jpeg
    8E640B18-ABCE-405D-B808-722D01BC524F.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 99
M3 2019 had backup cameras for a second while backing out of the drive, then all went dark. Lost all of the cameras (front/side/back). Just some spinning wheels of death. 😵‍💫

Tried shut down/reset. Any ideas?
Did it work fine until you got a new firmware update? In that case, you need to call Tesla to push the firmware update again.

I have had my cameras go dark, and all functions that require cameras did not work such as cruise control twice now over the past 12 months. From my troubleshooting it was a corrupted dash cam USB card. Both times took a reformat and two button reset, and an overnight deep sleep. In the AM all back to normal.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I have had my cameras go dark, and all functions that require cameras did not work such as cruise control twice now over the past 12 months. From my troubleshooting it was a corrupted dash cam USB card. Both times took a reformat and two button reset, and an overnight deep sleep. In the AM all back to normal.
Thanks. Mine have come back on after three days, seemingly random. I did try removing the USB ss drive on the first day but that didn’t make any difference. I still have an appointment with mobile service. Next week we’ll see what they say.

nothing to do with the usb device.

its the car going to sleep and re-init'ing itself that 'fixes' the stuck driver state. (device driver)

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Thanks. Mine have come back on after three days, seemingly random. I did try removing the USB ss drive on the first day but that didn’t make any difference. I still have an appointment with mobile service. Next week we’ll see what they say.
Grrr 😡. Mobile service came out with an order to replace two side cameras. When they got here and saw the cameras were working again, decided not to replace them. Instead, they decided to do more diagnostics so now I have to take the car to the service center.

Of course I do want it fixed right. But this is a funny way of getting there. 🤷🏼

Grrr 😡. Mobile service came out with an order to replace two side cameras. When they got here and saw the cameras were working again, decided not to replace them. Instead, they decided to do more diagnostics so now I have to take the car to the service center.

Of course I do want it fixed right. But this is a funny way of getting there. 🤷🏼
So what's the update?
I ask because I'm faced with the identical situation. Tuesday morning the car did not wake up. I had to perform the steering wheel button soft reset to get the car to "turn on". When I backed out of the garage I discovered the cameras were out. Driving away, discovered the nav was out. Wouldn't even track me. Screen thought the car was always home. I was supposed to go on a 200+ mile trip that day that was cancelled. I would have been really pissed not to have Nav and autopilot for this trip. Would have had to search out a supercharger on my phone!
In anycase the cameras just started working this morning, two days later...
I have a mobile service appointment for next Thursday. Should I update tesla service? Should I still have them come?
What happened for you?