Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my Start Charging and Stop Charging buttons in app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to FSD 2023.27.6 and now my app doesn't show the Start charging and Stop Charging buttons. My car is about 200 ft away in my Garage and this was convenient to allow me to manually control charging times. I recently put solar in and I do not want the grid to charge my car, I want to do it during the peak sun hours. Now I have to walk outside to my garage and physically unplug the car in order to stop charging????

I updated to FSD 2023.27.6 and now my app doesn't show the Start charging and Stop Charging buttons. My car is about 200 ft away in my Garage and this was convenient to allow me to manually control charging times. I recently put solar in and I do not want the grid to charge my car, I want to do it during the peak sun hours. Now I have to walk outside to my garage and physically unplug the car in order to stop charging????
Can you show a pic?

Can you show a pic?
tempImageJSW84Y.png

I recently put solar in and I do not want the grid to charge my car, I want to do it during the peak sun hours.
As a side note, I am wondering about why charging during peak solar. For us, we charge during the night because we get back more money for pushing to the grid during peak hours than what we pay at night to charge. Perhaps your situation is different.

I will try that again. It hasn't worked yet but maybe I didn't give it enough tine. Thanks.
I unlocked by tapping the lock and that works. When I tap on the lightning bolt it continues charging. I also lost my ability to adjust the rate of charge the charging amp adjusting button is also gone. I used to alter the rate to trickle charge on cloudy days when I wasn't pulling in as much power from the solar panels. Now it will be pulling power from the grid.

As a side note, I am wondering about why charging during peak solar. For us, we charge during the night because we get back more money for pushing to the grid during peak hours than what we pay at night to charge. Perhaps your situation is different.
I have a 19.2kW solar array and get lots of power but I don't want to use the grid for charging at all. I want my charging to happen between 12pm and 3pm when my solar panels can charge the car and I use zero power from the grid.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I unlocked by tapping the lock and that works. When I tap on the lightning bolt it continues charging. I also lost my ability to adjust the rate of charge the charging amp adjusting button is also gone. I used to alter the rate to trickle charge on cloudy days when I wasn't pulling in as much power from the solar panels. Now it will be pulling power from the grid.
Maybe try uninstall and reinstall of app. It is easy to do.

I have a 19.2kW solar array and get lots of power but I don't want to use the grid for charging at all. I want my charging to happen between 12pm and 3pm when my solar panels can charge the car and I use zero power from the grid.
Ok I see. Sounds like you are paying the same rate to the utility for pushing back power as what you pay them if you were to charge at night?

Ok I see. Sounds like you are paying the same rate to the utility for pushing back power as what you pay them if you were to charge at night?
All that I wanted to do was to start charging my car when the solar panels were producing enough power and stop when the solar power wasn't enough to power my house and the car. I only want to charge my car with solar power and not have to pay for grid power to charge my car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
All that I wanted to do was to start charging my car when the solar panels were producing enough power and stop when the solar power wasn't enough to power my house and the car. I only want to charge my car with solar power and not have to pay for grid power to charge my car.
OK, I think I understand. I guess the utility in Texas works differently from mine. I would see the same bill at the end of the month regardless of if I charge during excess solar energy or if I charge at night. In fact, as I said, my overall bill would actually be less at the end of the month if I charge at night. Whatever works for you is great.

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl