Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud feedback noise with aftermarket amp.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed an amp and sub tied into one set of the speaker wires going to the factory subwoofer and when the music is off and the car is not asleep I have had a loud feedback sound come out of the sub and set off the alarm on the car. I have also heard the sound when I first get in the car when the car was sleeping and I woke it up. I used a basic line converter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKFSLKN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and i know it will keep the amp on as long as the car is awake but something is causing a signal to be sent through the amp. Has anybody else experienced this or read about it happening to anybody else?

First thing that is suspect for me is the basic line output convertor. I would look into a quality version (like an Audio Control piece) and verify that the wiring you've used is the correct signal for the amp.
Thanks for your thoughts on my situation! I feel everything is wired right and all the components are working properly because the base sounds really good. I was going to put a relay that could be ontrolled with a remote to keep the amp off when not in use but while waiting for the relay I found that pausing the music when leaving the car has stopped my problem from happening since using that tactic.

Reactions: Lashlee