Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Speaker Amp?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months back I installed the full Orella speaker + subwoofer (7+1) and 300w sub amp) upgrade for my 22 MYP. It sounds okay, barely an upgrade tbh, it's less "poppy" and not tuned for the car because the actual speakers I think are severely underpowered. The stock speakers were also much louder at the highest volume setting. These speakers are much larger than the stock speakers, and I'm thinking they just need some more juice. Does anyone know of a plug in play or compatible speaker amplifier?

Cheers

I was one of the first to install the Orella Acoustics sub package, months ago. I actually worked with them to fine tune some aspects. That being said, and it being an awesome plug and play package, I wanted a bit more bass, and more deep end. Its impossible to get that from an 8" speaker.

So, I did a thing. I kept the Orella Acoustics amp, which is plug and play, and upgraded the sub to a low profile 10", an Audison APS 10 S4S. I also had a custom box molded and fitted in the sub trunk. This thing works PERFECTLY and is still plug and play. Heres a video of my install.

Reactions: nencmeister
Nice video. I'm "fine" with the current base from the orella setup, the speakers however need some more juice. Was curious if there was an upgraded speaker amp, not sub amp. This will be my last MYP upgrade, until I get an X in a couple of years. Too many little bs issues, mainly squeaks, rattles and ride quality.

Nice video. I'm "fine" with the current base from the orella setup, the speakers however need some more juice. Was curious if there was an upgraded speaker amp, not sub amp. This will be my last MYP upgrade, until I get an X in a couple of years. Too many little bs issues, mainly squeaks, rattles and ride quality.

I replaced all my speakers with the Alpine HepaKing setup that are plug and play and it makes a HUGE difference in sound quality. Perfect speakers that are night and day from the factorys.