Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud pop/rattle when turning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
‘22 MYP w/ 6k miles. Popping/rattling noise heard when turning left. Especially noticeable when turning into a steep, uphill driveway.

Totally stock and untouched suspension.

Anyone else experience this same thing?

There's no diff, ie. open so not that. Just setup a service appt.
It’s actually normal……

its coming from the battery pack casing. If I take it in for service, they will either tell me its nothing or they might stick some foam in the battery pack to reduce the noise. From what I have read, if I can get over the noise then its not worth it to send it to the SC since theres a good chance they could introduce other issues while messing with the battery pack.

It’s actually normal……

its coming from the battery pack casing. If I take it in for service, they will either tell me its nothing or they might stick some foam in the battery pack to reduce the noise. From what I have read, if I can get over the noise then its not worth it to send it to the SC since theres a good chance they could introduce other issues while messing with the battery pack.

Lmao, why make a thread asking a question then? And FYI that is highly presumptuous to assume that's the issue. I had a pop or ping sound too up driveways, turns out it was a subframe which was replaced, took days, got a loaner. Thus in my case it wasn't nothing.

Lmao, why make a thread asking a question then? And FYI that is highly presumptuous to assume that's the issue. I had a pop or ping sound too up driveways, turns out it was a subframe which was replaced, took days, got a loaner. Thus in my case it wasn't nothing.
Because I just feel like I have enough to go by as what I’m reading here is exactly what I’m experiencing. What you just mentioned isn’t exactly what I’m experiencing. Take care…

Do you have the same issue? If it is a control arm issue does something like that take a while to repair?
Noise was a metallic, metal on metal grinding squeaking noise when going up a curb or turning the wheel a certain way. It was repeatable. Took about 1.5 hours to replace control arms. Covered under warranty. If you can, record a video of it with sound to show the Service Center when you take it in.

Reactions: 1plavs