Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud warning sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving to work this morning, the car made an extremely loud alarm/chirp sound. At first, I thought it might be the music since a new song just started playing. However, as I glanced around, I noticed that on the Model3 car UI which usually show gray cars around me, there was a small red car in the distance. First time I’ve seen it in a color other than gray. At the time I was driving on a slight curve road and there was a car in the middle turning lane waiting to turn.

Was my Tesla warning me to watch out for that other car? Does the Model 3 have this feature? I’ve only had my Model 3 for a month and it’s the first time this has occurred. Has anyone else experience this?

no blind spot collision (yet)

And the forward collision system is a bit touchy / buggy for my liking. It will sometimes go off when there is ample space between my car and the one in front of me. But, better an occasional false positive than a miss when it matters.