Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud wind noise coming from roof on freeway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ooh, I hear something like this too. The first few times I thought I had left a rear window slightly open. That's what it sounds like to me. I don't hear it on the 3. I normally have music playing so noises aren't that obvious. A friend who test drove the vehicle didn't notice it. I'll have to pay more attention and see if it is coming from the roof.

Same issue, purchased the rpm tesla kit just waiting for it to arrive but I feel like it will reduce the noise as the gap between my windshield and roof glass is pretty wide.

I likewise noticed it. Only at a specific speed though, when the highway opened up and the speed limit went up to 70, it disappeared. At first I thought it was a window. Haven't done enough driving at highway speeds thanks to the current situation. If I hear it again, I will be buying the kit. I'm interested in knowing the results from someone who gets it.

You guys inspired me to install the rpm kit just now. My roof and windshield glass was tight on the driver side but plenty of room on the passenger so it took a little patience getting it on there. I had to force it down with a credit card on the drivers side to be flush. I only drove down the highway about 5 miles but there does seem to be wind noise improvement. Still plenty of road noise from the Pirellis; waiting on the door seal kit.

• Informative
Reactions: SandDune