Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud wind sounds at 55mph or more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised no one has suggested this: Model 3 Noise Reduction Kit

It's basically a rubber band that fits into the gaps around the middle section of roof glass over the driver and front passenger. I've seen claims of a 5 db reduction in interior noise. I didn't notice it so much, but my hearing is pretty bad after being in jet airplanes for the past 40 years (measured noise level of 80 [+/-2] db for 15 hours takes a toll!), but my wife noticed it the first time she rode in the car post installation.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with nor am I compensated by the manufacturer and seller of this device, just a happy owner.

My model 3 (August 2018)has a lot of windnoise sounds like coming from right above me and to the left of me while driving 50+. My dad’s 3 (September 2019) has basically no wind noise. I’ve looked at both cars super closely and every seal looks exactly the same no idea whats different. maybe door alignment or panels slightly off

Can you compare the seal (below the upper trim) where the drivers window seals against on both cars? Does your window perfectly fit against the indented portion of the seal?

Also, adjusting the window will affect wind buffeting noise significantly.