Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love, Partnership, Marriage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not how I see it. The way I see it, you made your own point.

No, you did not question those rights, but you literally implied that others might.

Why?

Completely unnecessary.

Others would, and he advocated against having such a thread for that very reason. Godwin's Law extended to marriage threads.

Are you telling me you honestly couldn’t predict how your original post would be perceived?

I honestly didn't even think about it.

That's not how I see it. The way I see it, you made your own point.

No, you did not question those rights, but you literally implied that others might.

Why?

Completely unnecessary.

I agree! Completely unnecessary. As is my participation in this conversation since you can make implications so capably. OP (Pete) asked if the Mods felt it would be OK to have this conversation. I am not a Mod (A BIG thanks to them!!) but I offered my 2 pfennigs worth anyway. I really saw no need for this topic on a Tesla forum. Please continue to draw implications if I do not participate in this topic further.

Okay, okay, got you. You're right - not the best place to talk about one's relationship, the partner's attitude towards cars and stuff like that.

Any recommendations for such a platform anyone?

Again, I got convinced that the TMC forum (which seems to be visited by our partners frequently) might not be the best place to have an anonymous discussion about each other's partnerships/marriages. :wink:

Any recommendations/directions anyone? (after that I'm okay with this thread being closed, if necessary)

Again, I got convinced that the TMC forum (which seems to be visited by our partners frequently) might not be the best place to have an anonymous discussion about each other's partnerships/marriages. :wink:

Any recommendations/directions anyone? (after that I'm okay with this thread being closed, if necessary)

Recommendation: turn off your computer, book a table at a nice restaurant, and go talk to your partner/spouse. (Side benefit, you get a good dinner and maybe a glass of wine to enjoy.)

I'm re-invigorating this thread with news of the FIRST Tesla wedding that has come about thanks to Tesla, The Gigafactory Party and good ol' Cupid.

PART ONE

Once upon a time, there was a time trial event that was being organised by a Canberrian (that's someone who lives in Australia's Capital City) at a local ex Federal Police training track. It was to be a contest between all manner of EV's and any ICE vehicle that thought they were better. There were Teslas, a Leaf, golf carts, a BMW M5, hot Holdens (that's Chevvies to the uninitiated) and a multitude of other hopefuls. Convoying up from Melbourne (not the Florida one) were 2 Tesla MS's - a white and a black. Also attending was a maiden from Sydney (with the Coat-hanger bridge) who also had a white MS. Now whether it was the colour white, the full moon or just Cupid above, the maiden and the driver of the white MS from Melbourne began to talk about their good choice of colour (and other things).

The event finished, people bid each other goodbye and went their own ways. But the seeds of destiny were sown!

Some months later, the White MS owner from Melbourne referred enough buyers of new Teslas to score himself an invite to the Opening of the Gigafactory Party. Unfortunately, the maiden from Sydney, whilst desperately wanting to attend that event, had no referrals and was unlucky in the Lottery drawer. Neither knew of the other's good and bad fortunes.

In a Sliding Doors moment, that would have been the end of the story, however Cupid had other ideas and lo and behold the President of the Tesla Owners Club of Australia scored an invite for being the President, so she proceeded to offer her +1 to other office holders and committee members. Alas, Reno is a long way from Australia and no-one else on the committee could commit (that's weird) other than the Secretary (me) who already had his own invite through referrals. The offer was then thrown open to all and sundry through a local Tesla forum site. No prize for guessing who just happened to be the first to read and accept the offer. (fate you may say or maybe the work of Cupid!).

About 10 Aussies attended the Gigafactory Party, TMC Connect and other related activities in Reno however there wasn't a lot of action from Cupid. Then, without warning, the maiden found herself stranded in Reno with the President wanting to visit a friend in San Francisco and she wanting to attend the TMC After-party in Picnic Creek. Miraculously, the Secretary and his +1, together with the White MS owner from Melbourne and his +1 (his 90 year old father), all 4 of whom are Tesla owners and had rented a Model S at LAX , heard of the maiden's plight and offered the 5th seat in the Tesla, as everyone was going to the Party and beyond.

Needless to say, Cupid ensured the seating arrangements were to his desire and the early seeds that had been previously sown began to bud.

Sydney Maiden.JPG
+1 Father.jpg
At the Gigafactory.jpg
Picnic Creek - a great place to get to know each other.jpg
Courting 60's style in a Tesla.JPG
Together at the Fremont Tour.jpg
Someone Missing.jpg
There she is!.jpg
A Tesla Affair!.JPG
Commiting!.JPG

To Be Continued ..............................................