TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Low coolant.....

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DCWitt, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

My wife noticed a small puddle of blue fluid on the garage floor when I backed out the day after we received the car. I called our service center to see if they had an idea what it could be. They suggested washer fluid. Fast forward a couple days and I started receiving "vehicle coolant low" message for a few seconds at a time. SC picked up the X today. Waiting to hear prognosis. Anyone else experiance this?

2. Desmo999

Desmo999 Member

Had a couple drops of the blue coolant from my Model S after it was two years old, but never got a warning.

The SC took care of it... Said it had a leak at one of the connecting pipes from a faulty seal. Assuming this was going to/from the radiator for cooling the battery pack.

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Yes, I did. A hose clamp was not tight / attached correctly. My service center was prompt and took great care of me. (I had a low coolant issue in my 2011 Volt to that required taking it to the dealer and me dropping it off. This was quicker and less work).

4. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

Thanks for the replays. SC found a small leak and repaired. While they had the X they fixed some other small issues that they noticed and went out of their way to get the X back to me quickly. GREAT service!
    DW

• Like x 1