Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low coolant.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife noticed a small puddle of blue fluid on the garage floor when I backed out the day after we received the car. I called our service center to see if they had an idea what it could be. They suggested washer fluid. Fast forward a couple days and I started receiving "vehicle coolant low" message for a few seconds at a time. SC picked up the X today. Waiting to hear prognosis. Anyone else experiance this?

Had a couple drops of the blue coolant from my Model S after it was two years old, but never got a warning.

The SC took care of it... Said it had a leak at one of the connecting pipes from a faulty seal. Assuming this was going to/from the radiator for cooling the battery pack.

My wife noticed a small puddle of blue fluid on the garage floor when I backed out the day after we received the car. I called our service center to see if they had an idea what it could be. They suggested washer fluid. Fast forward a couple days and I started receiving "vehicle coolant low" message for a few seconds at a time. SC picked up the X today. Waiting to hear prognosis. Anyone else experiance this?
Yes, I did. A hose clamp was not tight / attached correctly. My service center was prompt and took great care of me. (I had a low coolant issue in my 2011 Volt to that required taking it to the dealer and me dropping it off. This was quicker and less work).

Our X is going back to the SC for low coolant for the fourth time this month. Each time the coolant level is low, they fill it, they try to diagnose the leak, give it back to us a few days later, and then after about 3 days the light comes on again. Our parking is uncovered and it has been snowy / rainy the whole month so we can't even tell when it is leaking.