Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Regen Bug - Actually High Regen!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anybody else's car does this.

I'm gathering various data points right now. A set required me to test the "Low" regen setting. As expected, with normal driving, the max regen power and torque are both limited in comparison to the "Standard" setting.

However, know how when you disable cruise control, it eases in the regen if you're not on the pedal? This behaviour conflicts with the "Low" regen setting and actually results in higher than expected regen force/power. You can see this on the power bar below the speedometer if you can't feel it, but the difference is quite large (very roughly 50% more, getting close to Standard regen).

Does anyone else's car do this? 2019 LR AWD, Hold stop mode, Low regen setting.

I don't even know where to begin with bringing Tesla's attention to this. It's a slight safety issue for Winter, but in that case you're probably not (shouldn't be) using cruise control? The voice command "Bug Report" isn't really the right format for this - I feel like I need to pre-write a statement to read out, and I'm not sure it even gets to the right people (I heard it just gets read for the next Service appointment).