Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low voltage battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
definitely keep the main battery charged, as that feeds the 12v and if the main battery gets too low it will stop charging the 12v and if the 12v goes dead you can't unlock your car or open the doors. Suggest you keep the driver's window rolled down if parked in your garage.

Upvote 0
My LVB warning light came on Sunday, and Tesla mobile service can't get to me until next Monday (8 days). How long have people driven their car after the light came on? i just drove it today and didn't see any issues, but don't want to get stranded somewhere or damage something. i'm keeping it plugged in when not driving just in case.

Upvote 0
My LVB warning light came on Sunday, and Tesla mobile service can't get to me until next Monday (8 days). How long have people driven their car after the light came on? i just drove it today and didn't see any issues, but don't want to get stranded somewhere or damage something. i'm keeping it plugged in when not driving just in case.
I've gone three weeks. I wouldn't go on any road trips but you'll be fine for 8 days local driving.

Upvote 0
I just got the 'replace low volt battery' alert, booked a mobile service. Approved the esitmate for $176 (in CA), the tech arrived and said the estimate has been udpated to $276 and unless I approve it they wont do anything. Given I just went out of warranty, in Jan, I thought they may take that in to consideration and may not charge...and how wrong was I! I sent the tech back, reached out to the SC to talk to them, but they dont talk to anyone! Do we have any other option for replacement or do I have to be extorted by the SC everytime there is an issue? Looking at some you tube videos, and this looks pretty straight forward. Just not able to determine what battery to buy. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Upvote 0