Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered my M3 an inch… Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s up guys, So I lowered my M3 with the 1” eibach pro kit and the insides of my tires were completely bald after about 15k miles. I was running 15mm spacers in the back and nothing up front as well. Since getting new tires I took the spacers in the back off but I would like to put them back on the rear and front wheels. Has any one had this problem and is there a solution or should I ditch the lowering kit and go back to factory springs? I’ve heard about the adjustable arms for the rear and it sounds like that is the fix but I wanted to get other opinions on it. I will attach the alignment report from when I got the new tires as well. Thanks.

Attachments

• D5AB141B-1DFA-4B6B-9F6B-3399FF58ED28.jpeg
    D5AB141B-1DFA-4B6B-9F6B-3399FF58ED28.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 244
  • 6E657C22-31F8-4CC2-9B26-99D34B908D63.jpeg
    6E657C22-31F8-4CC2-9B26-99D34B908D63.jpeg
    536.9 KB · Views: 190
I mean lowering the car will introduce slightly more negative camber into the equation, but 1" shouldn't be too aggressive. However, if you drive aggressively I wouldn't find it abnormal to have to switch the tires at around 15k miles.

Reactions: h2oAok
All that heartache and cash spent just for 1 inch lower? Am I missing something here lol?
All that heartache and cash spent just for 1 inch lower? Am I missing something here lol?
erm... camber does not wear tires like that, excessive toe out does.

OP, did you have the car aligned after lowering it?
Yes. Immediately after it was done and about 2k miles after when I had some work done on it by Tesla. It states an alignment was done on my invoice but their is no alignment report.

erm... camber does not wear tires like that, excessive toe out does.

OP, did you have the car aligned after lowering it?
Also, you can see the before and after on the recent alignment report I attached and there was some toe problems there. I’m not familiar enough with those numbers to know how bad my previous numbers actually were and if that was the culprit to the uneven wear.

Agreed. 'Initial" toe on your report is going to cause tire wear, especially the front. "Final" toe is probably okay, but I wouldn't be happy with it. Tesla is specifying rear toe in for stability at the cost of tire life IMO. The difference in front right vs left will cause the car to drift one way and difference in rear right vs left will cause a thrust angle. You mentioned it was aligned again, but don't have a print out, so I would certainly get it checked.