Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowered Y with Geminis w/no caps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
028FD44B-D2C4-4B59-9736-42C63C310BBB.jpeg
70F22BA6-6CD0-4A31-9CAA-D54190D82D38.jpeg
2578226B-FE2D-46C3-B9E5-3E684EA414E3.jpeg
Lowered the Y with Unplugged Performance moderate springs. Might add spacers or just finally make up my mind on rims.

Looks great! I am also considering lowering with UP moderate springs and want to see what they look like on my LR. Mine happens to also be white color so your post provides awesome perspective. Have you done the alignment yet? Were they able to get the camber corrected? I know they are still settling, but how many inch drop would you say it is on the front and rear? Thx for your post and pics!

Looks great! I am also considering lowering with UP moderate springs and want to see what they look like on my LR. Mine happens to also be white color so your post provides awesome perspective. Have you done the alignment yet? Were they able to get the camber corrected? I know they are still settling, but how many inch drop would you say it is on the front and rear? Thx for your post and pics!
Haven’t done an alignment yet. Not many cars have adjustable camber, stock. UPP and MPP have rear camber arms for $400 and front a arms for well over $1000!! Not cheap at all. Alignment shops can get your toe back into spec which is more important. I didn’t measure the height before I lowered it but it really is just a moderate drop. If you need any measurements let me know.

Can you provide more details on the spacers? What does the spacers do and why I might need them. I am thinking about lowering my PUP+ DIY install.
Spacers for the most part are for aesthetic purposes to get your wheels flush to the fender. Nobody likes the look of a sunken battleship! Spacers also can be used on a high offset wheel that might hit suspension components.

• Informative
Reactions: DennyL
Haven’t done an alignment yet. Not many cars have adjustable camber, stock. UPP and MPP have rear camber arms for $400 and front a arms for well over $1000!! Not cheap at all. Alignment shops can get your toe back into spec which is more important. I didn’t measure the height before I lowered it but it really is just a moderate drop. If you need any measurements let me know.

I hear you on the crazy pricing on camber kits from UP and MPP..... that is a concern of mine. If u don't mind measuring from the ground to the bottom of the black plastic arch trim. With this measurement we can get an idea how much it dropped.