Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Pending Pick-up: What do I really need right away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I'm finally picking up my LR AWD M3 next week. I commute about 60 miles each way and have a Home Charging Station installed at my home for overnight charging. I will drive it 90% of the time and my wife will drive it the other 10%. I probably won't do anything cosmetic right away like tinting or wraps but are there any other accessories or adapters I should be considering right away? Thanks!

Congrats....Probably not until winter...floor mats, possibly winter tires...
Lots of accessories along the way that are fun but certainly not necessary.
Have fun...It's the one large purchase in my life I can happily say I would do again and again. (1 yr later 18kmiles).

Since you already have the charger I would only suggest the USB cables, and a 14-50 adapter to have another charging option. Dont forget to bring a thumb drive to get the dashcam working before you leave pickup.

I am also planning a matte screen cover but want to see how the stock one is first. Ill also likely get the Jeda wireless kit because I have a pixel 3 for personal and a iphone 8 for work and that mount lets you do wired and wireless at the same time.

Hi all. I'm finally picking up my LR AWD M3 next week. I commute about 60 miles each way and have a Home Charging Station installed at my home for overnight charging. I will drive it 90% of the time and my wife will drive it the other 10%. I probably won't do anything cosmetic right away like tinting or wraps but are there any other accessories or adapters I should be considering right away? Thanks!

Right away? Either usb cables for charging your phone since the car does not come with them now, or a wireless charging pad if your phone supports it.

An adapter for charging at a 14-50 outlet if you anticipate using that.

other than that, nothing is needed "right away".

Reactions: XLR82XS
Thanks for all the feedback.

Does the premium interior come with basic fabric floor mats or nothing?

I’ll definitely get a large USB and format it for the dash cam to make sure it works at pickup.

It comes with a mobile charging kit doesn’t it? Is that only for most non superchargers? Does that not include a 14-50?

Thanks again

Thanks for all the feedback.

Does the premium interior come with basic fabric floor mats or nothing?

I’ll definitely get a large USB and format it for the dash cam to make sure it works at pickup.

It comes with a mobile charging kit doesn’t it? Is that only for most non superchargers? Does that not include a 14-50?

Thanks again

Premium interior should come with floor mats (basic fabric ones, for LR AWD or Performance versions). comes with a mobile connector but not sure if it comes with the 14-50 adapter. My car came with the adapters but I got it in december of last year.

The floor mats it comes with are a joke. Actually more of a hassle than helpful... They slip and slide all around. One of rhe first things I did was install new mats. Love em.

I LOVE the decals to go over the door opening buttons. Didn't put them on the first day I got the car and sure enough my buddy rolled down the window on my fresh uncured tint instead of opening the door! Ha!

I also love the rubber cup holder liners I got on Amazon. Like 12 bucks and super sharp

Congrats! I really like a center console cubby tray: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8NRLV8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a nice item too if you are constantly loading/unloading the trunk: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T9B1XB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Other stuff I recommend is cosmetic but the first cosmetic item I would do is a center console wrap. Had mine done at delivery.
View media item 120189
Hi... How did you get this done at delivery? Is this something service is offering? Where did you get your wrap? Thanks in advance.

I got my LR AWD in May and by then they had stopped shipping the NEMA 14-50 adapter as standard. You will need to order it from the Tesla store.

The Homelink integration for opening garage doors is really nice. It was standard before but now it's an accessory at the Tesla store to order for mobile service installation. It's the best implementation of Homelink I have ever used, and very easy to set up compared to other cars.

I bought the all weather floor mats but I won't install them until winter (we have a lot of snow here).

I bought the collapsible sun shades for the front and rear. I didn't keep them in for long - the heat from the sun isn't that bad in my opinion and I really like being able to see out of the roof.