Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my State Farm Agent. We have all our coverage from them, including an umbrella which adds liability insurance for... everything.

Liability coverage:
Bodily Injury Limits
Each Person, Each Accident
$250,000 $500,000
Property Damage Limit
Each Accident
$100,000

Medical Payments Coverage:
Limit - Each Person
$10,000

Comprehensive Coverage - $250 Deductible
Collision Coverage - $250 Deductible

Limit - Car Rental Expense
Each Day, Each Loss
80% $500

Uninsured Motor Vehicle Coverage

Bodily Injury Limits
$100,000 $300,000

$690/6 months. If I reduce comprehensive (includes glass) to $0, it's $717.

We'll have to see how Tesla compares. But I have to wait until at least Friday, as they haven't determined premiums for 2020 model years yet.

I looked at Progressive (way expensive). Geico was a bit better, but nowhere close to State Farm. Since Geico covers the Tesla insurance, I'll be curious to see what Tesla insurance comes up with.

My wife ordered a AWD LR M3, Red Exterior, Whit Interior, 19' performance wheels, Full Self Driving. Order date October 23rd. We live in the California Bay Area. We still had not gotten a VIN or deliver date.

Thanks to these awesome forums she had her order converted to a Stealth (we did it this afternoon). Everything the same except black interior. The price difference was about $1,400 more than her order (or $2,400 more since she lost the white interior, which is a $1,000 option). I just checked the code on the Tesla portal and she has a VIN, though the Tesla portal doesn't think a VIN has been assigned yet. It won't let her sign up for Tesla Insurance until the VIN is in the portal. We are hoping to go to the Tesla Fremont factor to pick it up Friday or this weekend.

Reactions: shiftkenny
I was matched with a P3D- on 11/28 and got vin. Called 12/1 and asked if there were any with different wheels. Super helpful SA found one immediately and got new vin in source that day. How long has it been taking to have vin show up on order page? I’m assuming that is when it’s in production. After production begins, about how long until delivery?

My order page still requests payment:)… But my SA told me I don’t have to pay until delivery date is set.Anyone else waiting until right before pick up to pay?

I’ve heard that in many states you can pay at the time of delivery. (I believe it’s states that have a store front whom let you pay at the time of delivery.)

Like yours my SA also recommended that I don’t pay until closer to delivery. He indicated that there is no need to commit my money to the order until it has a VIN assigned and is nearing delivery. He also said that because I’m using Tesla financing he’s never seen issues with the ordering process as long as I’m prepared to pay the sum in the agreement at delivery.

Called my State Farm Agent. We have all our coverage from them, including an umbrella which adds liability insurance for... everything.

Liability coverage:
Bodily Injury Limits
$250,000 $500,000
Property Damage Limit
Each Accident
$100,000

Limit - Each Person
$10,000

Each Day, Each Loss
80% $500

Bodily Injury Limits
$100,000 $300,000

We'll have to see how Tesla compares. But I have to wait until at least Friday, as they haven't determined premiums for 2020 model years yet.

I looked at Progressive (way expensive). Geico was a bit better, but nowhere close to State Farm. Since Geico covers the Tesla insurance, I'll be curious to see what Tesla insurance comes up with.

Wow. No idea why mine is almost 300% higher than yours. Happy for you, mad for me!

Liability coverage:
Bodily Injury Limits
$250,000 $500,000
Property Damage Limit
Each Accident
$100,000

Limit - Each Person
$10,000

Each Day, Each Loss
80% $500

Bodily Injury Limits
$100,000 $300,000

I have State Farm on my Tesla (same config) and it is $470/6 months. Mainly because I have 50 years driving experience, and because comprehensive and collision are at $1000. You only pay the collision deductible if it is your fault (or no one's fault). I look at it in general as a bit more expensive if I have an accident - kind of like to punish me with the $1000 deductible. Then again, I have not had an accident since 2002, which was minor. Before that was 1985.

State Farm does great with multi line policies. Your homeowners will take a dip the more policies you add to your portfolio.

My wife ordered a AWD LR M3, Red Exterior, Whit Interior, 19' performance wheels, Full Self Driving. Order date October 23rd. We live in the California Bay Area. We still had not gotten a VIN or deliver date.

Thanks to these awesome forums she had her order converted to a Stealth (we did it this afternoon). Everything the same except black interior. The price difference was about $1,400 more than her order (or $2,400 more since she lost the white interior, which is a $1,000 option). I just checked the code on the Tesla portal and she has a VIN, though the Tesla portal doesn't think a VIN has been assigned yet. It won't let her sign up for Tesla Insurance until the VIN is in the portal. We are hoping to go to the Tesla Fremont factor to pick it up Friday or this weekend.

thanks for that data point... the stealth my SA offered me on monday is now gone, so it's good to hear that there are still some around. if i can get his attention (he seems to have ghosted me) maybe i can make the shift as well, if they can find a blue or black one.

I picked up my car today. It was a very good experience, excellent. I had a great DA in San Francisco who knew a lot about the Model 3. She taught me a lot! We checked over the car and there was a small scuff on the front nose. She called over someone who buffed it out in a minute or so. Everything else looked very good. I mean very good. I did not go over it precisely - but rather as I would when picking up any car.

Papers took about 5-10 minutes, mainly because she wanted to explain what I was signing. I did, wrote a check and the Tesla was mine.

We went over the various systems, paired my phone, went over the phone app (I REALLY like that app!). Total time for delivery was about 1 hour. I can't emphasize how excellent this person was in delivering the car. I seemed to be the only one there picking up and it was at 2:30pm. They are waiting for the storm of cars coming soon. They certainly seem bored right now!

Driving the car home, through SF traffic and freeway and traffic home, I had a few observations about my new Model 3 P3D-. The car is better than I remember it from test drives. When it's your car, it hits home - and it is a really one fine car. It drives like a sports car, but is comfortable and solid as any luxury car I have ever seen. It is faster than hell, but not in a dangerous way.

It takes a bit of time to understand all the nuances of the car. This will take a bit of time. But, on the 30+ mile ride home, it was pretty straightforward. Tesla's design and engineering is really on the mark. Everything is intuitive to use, and a lot of good things that took a lot of time and effort of a lot of people. This car is definitely a winner.

Was the car worth the wait (approx 2 months)? YES. The wait was tough, but the car is totally worth it. It really helped in my case that Tesla came through with an absolutely shining delivery experience. It made up for all prior BS. I really don't think there is any other car that I would rather over my Model 3 - and I can pretty much get whatever I want.

Just a few bits of information I picked up in the showroom while I was waiting (my Uber made good time and I was early).
- At least in San Francisco, no P3D+'s have been yet delivered in Q4. Sad, but they are coming.
- No one knows why Tesla spat out a bunch of P3D-'s, but everyone is glad they did. I certainly am.
- Things are expected to pick up in a week and get to the point where 15 minute appointments are absolute. I got lucky and got early delivery because I snagged a P3D- that had been produced. They do expect to deliver all cars, but cringe at the though of delivering them. It will be fast and furious, but all cars are expected to show up. It's unfortunate that the US really got stuck in the X-mas rush. I dreaded it, but was lucky to avoid it. Either way it is worth it.

Good luck!

IMG_0403.jpg

Last edited:
I too took delivery today, it was a surprise... I was originally scheduled for Monday 12/9

It was pouring down rain and Buena Park is a former car dealership, and pretty much everything is outside... I really didn't get to look over the car outside too much, I literally scrambled to find a car cover at Autozone because my Tesla Cover hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

pics tomorrow :)

upload_2019-12-4_22-56-7.png

upload_2019-12-4_22-53-48.png

Current View... I don't want anything bad to happen to it before I can thoroughly inspect it... btw this $99 car cover from autozone is CRAP... (mostly because it didn't fit, and I wasn't thrilled with the interior texture... not to mention trying to do this by yourself in a darkened driveway at 10pm) ugh.

but hey, i got the car!

IMG_0613.jpg

upload_2019-12-4_23-4-6.png

Last edited:
I too took delivery today, it was a surprise... I was originally scheduled for Monday 12/9

It was pouring down rain and Buena Park is a former car dealership, and pretty much everything is outside... I really didn't get to look over the car outside too much, I literally scrambled to find a car cover at Autozone because my Tesla Cover hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

pics tomorrow :)

View attachment 484868

View attachment 484867
Looks good - just like mine when I got home in the rain! If it's anything like mine, the flaws are minimal or non-existent. Congrats!

Rain in So Cal? Boy, just like the rest of the state now!

It wasn't supposed to rain here today but it did. Any garage you can bring it to?

I'd get a little concerned with a wet car cover. You said it was crap. Be careful!

It stopped raining for about 2h I took delivery, between the 15-ish mile drive home and some microfiber drying towels courtesy of autozone, I got the car bone dry before I put on the most expensive cover Autozone had. I was not thrilled with the inside texture of the cover though, and my neighbor has a palm tree that occasionally litters my driveway with fronds... I can't blame Tesla for a palm frond yet.