Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I just noticed Tesla.com is showing 2-4 week delivery estimate for California when I thought this was 3-5 weeks just this morning.
Yep I just checked too....someone is stepping up their game for LR AWD units. I just saw car carrier on 101 s near SLO all w LR AWD units in black, blue, white all with 19" sport rims. Crazy but I waited 7 weeks so far and it feels like it's really close.

It probably means you will get a VIN soon if you have all your information entered.

I think Tesla is worried about all the soft orders generated by the switch to a $100 deposit in mid-October. I could create a problem for them - so serious orders (to Tesla) are probably ones that have their ducks in a row. Good luck.

I agree with the $100 deposit theory. I was already going to buy one regardless of the deposit amount but it sure has led to some confusion. I put my trade in right away not knowing any better at the time. Not long after I found this forum and held off of getting financing. Instead of letting me know about workshops, just send the text about completing all delivery tasks instead. I'll beat the proverbial dead horse and say that if Tesla would have just communicated when to have everything completed, it would already have been done and possibly have a car. o_O

I agree with the $100 deposit theory. I was already going to buy one regardless of the deposit amount but it sure has led to some confusion. I put my trade in right away not knowing any better at the time. Not long after I found this forum and held off of getting financing. Instead of letting me know about workshops, just send the text about completing all delivery tasks instead. I'll beat the proverbial dead horse and say that if Tesla would have just communicated when to have everything completed, it would already have been done and possibly have a car. o_O

Well, at least they are asking. I have had my information complete for a while now. Nothing happens. So I guess when they ask people to get their information in order, they are setting them up for a car. I bet you will have a VIN by Monday.

Reactions: Blackburnrover
Ordered 10/28, SR+, White on Black. I switched to a LR AWD on 11/23. Now...whenever I see a Red Model3 on the streets, it really makes me want to switch my order up again...My SA advises that my delivery can be pushed to 12/31, and I fly out on vacation on the 29th....

Now that delivery dates have changed to 2-4 weeks though, I'm thinking of taking that risk for the color that I really want. Anyone else tempted to make last-minute changes to your order? The temptation is real,lol!

Ordered 10/28, SR+, White on Black. I switched to a LR AWD on 11/23. Now...whenever I see a Red Model3 on the streets, it really makes me want to switch my order up again...My SA advises that my delivery can be pushed to 12/31, and I fly out on vacation on the 29th....

Now that delivery dates have changed to 2-4 weeks though, I'm thinking of taking that risk for the color that I really want. Anyone else tempted to make last-minute changes to your order? The temptation is real,lol!

Not quite the same situation, but same temptation. I ordered SR+ on 11/17, changed to LR AWD on 11/18 through advisor (my account still reflects SR+), and now I am having seconds thoughts on a performance model. I keep telling myself to be still and patient.

I ended up switching to a stealth and the only day they will give me is this coming Saturday to pick up. If I want to switch days, my SA said I have to give up my VIN and they would have to find me another. My Thanksgiving weekend plans were just cut in half basically as I will be heading back to San Francisco on Saturday morning from Tahoe to pick up my car in the afternoon.
Oooo! When did you order? I incidentally ordered an SR+ (white/black, 19”, no FSD) On Oct 10 from San Jose, and later changed it to a LR, but I still don’t have a VIN or delivery date. Btw we just arrived at Truckee for Thanksgiving. The snow has been so chaotic getting here. We left at 5am, and arrived 11 hours later, with only a short breakfast stop. The last 60 miles took about 4 hours. Not looking forward to the drive back. I hope you get back ok on Saturday!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I just noticed Tesla.com is showing 2-4 week delivery estimate for California when I thought this was 3-5 weeks just this morning.

You're not imagining it. It was definitely 3-5 weeks (Cal) in the AM, and I just looked - 2-4 weeks.

Then again, I ordered on 10/11 and it said 2-3 weeks and I haven't heard a peep. I'm not sure those dates mean much.

Oooo! When did you order? I incidentally ordered an SR+ (white/black, 19”, no FSD) On Oct 10 from San Jose, and later changed it to a LR, but I still don’t have a VIN or delivery date. Btw we just arrived at Truckee for Thanksgiving. The snow has been so chaotic getting here. We left at 5am, and arrived 11 hours later, with only a short breakfast stop. The last 60 miles took about 4 hours. Not looking forward to the drive back. I hope you get back ok on Saturday!

Thanks. Yeah, Tahoe drives for Thanksgiving are rough every year. Yesterday was not a great drive either, today was probably worse. I think Saturday should be okay, as most people want to have the whole weekend up and not much travel happens on Saturday. I originally ordered LR AWD on 10/15 after two weeks of talking with my SA, saw the scramble for Stealths here asked my SA about it. He found one, left for the day before he got my reply, VIN was gone two hours later, next day he replied with another one, but it was gone by the time i saw the email, he found another one and I took that on 11/20.