Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered AWD Black/Black on 6/1. Delivery is scheduled for 6/12.

I'm a slightly annoyed it came in so fast. I wanted to wait another week before ordering but the salesman insisted that if I did not order it that day, it would not arrive before July.

Last edited:
First post here. Today is pickup day of our LR AWD Silver/White/Sport (hope I said that right :)), and I am totally excited. Ordered ours on 5/19, and heard nothing till I looked at the site just under two weeks later on 5/31, and I had a delivery date of 6/4. I had to bump the date to when I could actually make it, and when called to make the change, the scheduler said Tesla had just started using some new auto-scheduling system. I didn't get an email, text, or call for the date, so I am glad I checked.

Also, I am curious, it says on the site and in some forum posts that I should be able to make the payment on the website, but that has never appeared for me, should it have?

SoCal here with a Burbank pickup. Only change was red.

Ordered Wednesday 6/5 at noon.
Received a text at 4:30 that afternoon to pick up Friday 6/7.
Got a call Thursday morning asking if I wanted to pick up that day. I was waiting for money to transfer from savings to checking (different banks) so I held off.
Picked up 6/7. Checked the build date: 6-19. Pretty impressive

And picked up today! Of course it's raining. blah!

The trim on the driver side passenger door needs to be adjusted, got that on a due bill. Otherwise, looks perfect to me. SO happy to be back in a Tesla!

IMG_20190608_132107.jpg MVIMG_20190608_140453.jpg

Just before I lost patience and was about to call the toll free number, I got a text letting me know to schedule delivery. I also have a VIN number 39XXXX. No update to Tesla account yet...still shows "prepare for delivery." Also don't have a final invoice that includes taxes and license. But crossing fingers for that to come on Monday so I can finalize financing before Tuesday morning.

New here!

Ordered LR AWD in Black/White with Aeros and FSD on 5/27 in Atlanta. Salesman told me with “100% certainty” I’d have delivery within two weeks. Hah.

Either way, anxiously awaiting

Well, I spoke to the delivery center in Alpharetta and they said that my Black/White convo was probably going to take several more weeks. They had a Midnight Silver/Black with sport wheels on the way that was unclaimed, so I took it and delivery is set for Thursday. The car was $1,500 more, but those sport weeks are nice and I like the dark silver.

Picked up my Blue/Black/Aero LR AWD today at Kearny Mesa delivery center.
I probably had the first appointment available, because it became pretty crowded within an hour.

Since I was already familiar with the car, we skipped the orientation and got straight to inspection and paperwork.
The only issue I found was weatherproof seal bulging a little bit on driver’s side door. They fixed it on the spot and other than that everything else was good.

They also had 14-50 adapter in stock, so I went ahead and bought one.

Overall, the experience was good. Nothing special, but who cares?

1E79DC04-429D-47C7-9973-3A78D95FFA94.jpeg

Reactions: ccc001
Picking mine up tomorrow in Jacksonville FL took about ordered 4/22/2019, asked to wait for vin till May 25, matched on the 30th of May, and should have picked up on the 6 but was busy so picking up on the 10th. Super pumped, installed my nema 14-50 installation only took 30 mins. Did it myself not hard at all w basic skills needed, the adapter itself took like 7 days to get home ordering online.