Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jazz3D you are absolutely correct that Tesla does not build in sequential order. In fact, many of the newest VINs we are seeing in the other trims are over 400,000. However, until today, the last LR RWD VIN's I have seen were in the 320,xxx's. I could well be wrong but today's posting about a LR RWD VIN in the 388,xxx's with a jump so large and much closer to the current VIN's being built is more than enough to get me excited!

Finally picked up my M3 only little thing was a small scratch that the Tesla rep told me about in the rear bumper and they are going to fix it at some point. I did not think it was a issue at all but will take the fix. Easy process about 20 mins. I had homelink included, the Jxxx adapter and my account reflected the 5k supercharger miles so no issues oter than minor minor scratch.

Attachments

• 6B30B7A4-6CA1-46C9-9B1D-A0D815B5C736.jpeg
    6B30B7A4-6CA1-46C9-9B1D-A0D815B5C736.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 89
  • CF95A72D-C895-49E8-AFD0-963137D3B1BE.jpeg
    CF95A72D-C895-49E8-AFD0-963137D3B1BE.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 75
My car is supposedly going to be delivered sometime in the next few days. Only 11 weeks when they estimated 'within 2 weeks' and never provided any updates or insight whatsoever. Even accounting for Elon time I think that's a bit sluggish, but maybe its just me.

I guess I have to join you guys now. Up until about 2 hours ago, I was on the SR+ waiting list. But was getting no VIN love and seeing some delivery delay horror stories that made me think that June 30th was VERY much at risk. So I noticed a couple of nights ago that there was some existing inventory showing up in my area so I caved to the pressure and called my sales guy and told him to switch me to one of them.

So now I'm looking at LR AWD / MSM / White interior / 19" wheels. It's substantially more than I was looking to pay and I will probably have to re submit my credit application. I know the car is here locally but has not been inspected yet.

Those of you in panic mode like I was might want to consider this route.

I guess I have to join you guys now. Up until about 2 hours ago, I was on the SR+ waiting list. But was getting no VIN love and seeing some delivery delay horror stories that made me think that June 30th was VERY much at risk. So I noticed a couple of nights ago that there was some existing inventory showing up in my area so I caved to the pressure and called my sales guy and told him to switch me to one of them.

So now I'm looking at LR AWD / MSM / White interior / 19" wheels. It's substantially more than I was looking to pay and I will probably have to re submit my credit application. I know the car is here locally but has not been inspected yet.

Those of you in panic mode like I was might want to consider this route.

Yeah...the SR+ seems to be in really short supply right now. I have been checking local inventory a few times every day. I live near the Littleton delivery center in CO and they have listed 20+ cars in inventory in the past 3 weeks. Only two of them were SR+. One white and one blue. I jumped on the blue one:) I am certain you will be happy with either model...good luck!

Finally picked up my M3 only little thing was a small scratch that the Tesla rep told me about in the rear bumper and they are going to fix it at some point. I did not think it was a issue at all but will take the fix. Easy process about 20 mins. I had homelink included, the Jxxx adapter and my account reflected the 5k supercharger miles so no issues oter than minor minor scratch.
How did you get 5,000 Supercharger miles?

Got my VIN 391xxx today. Delivery set for June 24th.

Woo hoo!! CONGRATS!! Question for ya.. when the VIN shows up, did the 'paperwork' also show up? Reason i'm asking is, i'm going thru my Credit Union and they have been waiting for that 'paperwork' from Tesla with the VIN to move forward with my loan. I'm at a very serious time crunch, for i'm going on vacation Monday 6/17, and i'm still praying that i'll get the VIN end of this week. Just wondering if i will be able to get the car, especially i'm adding my Credit Union to finance the car. My credit union did say they can 'turn around' the check within 24 hours of receiving the documents from Tesla.

Appreciate input.

Woo hoo!! CONGRATS!! Question for ya.. when the VIN shows up, did the 'paperwork' also show up? Reason i'm asking is, i'm going thru my Credit Union and they have been waiting for that 'paperwork' from Tesla with the VIN to move forward with my loan. I'm at a very serious time crunch, for i'm going on vacation Monday 6/17, and i'm still praying that i'll get the VIN end of this week. Just wondering if i will be able to get the car, especially i'm adding my Credit Union to finance the car. My credit union did say they can 'turn around' the check within 24 hours of receiving the documents from Tesla.

Appreciate input.

It doesn't show up on my Tesla account for some reason. However, using the browser developer's feature, you can search in the webpage source code for the keyword "vin" and there you go. I found mine today.

OK, so now out of nowhere I got a text saying my car is ready for home delivery! The only date open is tomorrow 8:00 am. Wow. I'm totally confused as my account page still shows trade in pending and financing pending. So I guess someone is going to contact me today to iron out the details. If all goes well they will have actually delivered in 2 weeks! To be fair though, I had to upgrade to a much more expensive model but at this point, I'll take it!

VIN 391xxx

OK, so now out of nowhere I got a text saying my car is ready for home delivery! The only date open is tomorrow 8:00 am. Wow. I'm totally confused as my account page still shows trade in pending and financing pending. So I guess someone is going to contact me today to iron out the details. If all goes well they will have actually delivered in 2 weeks! To be fair though, I had to upgrade to a much more expensive model but at this point, I'll take it!

VIN 391xxx

Just got a phone call from Tesla. Everything is in order. They told me they are having some technical difficulties with getting my details updated on the account page and that is why I'm not seeing everything. They moved my delivery to 11:30 tomorrow which is easier for me. If all goes well, I'll be driving into work in my Mazda CX-5 and driving home in my Model 3. Fingers and toes crossed.

Ordered 6/6. Midnight Silver, all black interior, 18" wheels. No notifications yet but called today to confirm I had completed everything I needed to. They told me the car hasn't been built yet so no VIN matched. Impatiently waiting!

Received Purchase Agreement with VIN today. 393xxx. Is there a way to see build date somewhere based on the VIN since they aren't sequential based on build date?

Received Purchase Agreement with VIN today. 393xxx. Is there a way to see build date somewhere based on the VIN since they aren't sequential based on build date?
You can find the manufacturer date on the car itself inside the door, but I don't think you can get it just from the VIN itself.

I configured on June 1st and changed my build on the 5th. Saw a similar build with the upgraded wheels today at a nearby location and was able to "match" the order. Hopefully, I'll have a Purchase Agreement tomorrow!