Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered White/Black LR AWD 18" FSD on July 28th. Called 8/9 to ask for an estimated time of VIN release, but was told they can give no estimates … period, which is odd as they have a 2-week delivery estimate all through the ordering process. I feel Tesla really struggles with logistics and human resources; they have the product, but they suck at selling it.

Ordered White/Black LR AWD 18" FSD on July 28th. Called 8/9 to ask for an estimated time of VIN release, but was told they can give no estimates … period, which is odd as they have a 2-week delivery estimate all through the ordering process. I feel Tesla really struggles with logistics and human resources; they have the product, but they suck at selling it.
Im in the same boat. Same order date for white;/black performance, no update on VIN yet. The within two week delivery date estimate is not something you can count on from Telsa apparently...I guess customers aren't a high priority for this business.

Im in the same boat. Same order date for white;/black performance, no update on VIN yet either. The within two week delivery date estimate is not something you can count on from Tesla apparently...I guess customers aren't a high priority for this business.

Im in the same boat. Same order date for white;/black performance, no update on VIN yet. The within two week delivery date estimate is not something you can count on from Telsa apparently...I guess customers aren't a high priority for this business.
Did you get 20" wheels? I see a trend here of people waiting 4+ weeks for orders with aero wheels. (20s fit with performance brakes?)

I spoke to a rep earlier this week and he told me that since they switched the base color to white, they are now nationally just out of stock on LR AWD cars in White. He said there are a large number of people waiting and VINs will be assigned according to who configured first.

Ordered 7/31 - LR AWD with White/Black Interior & 18" Aero Wheels.
Still no VIN. [Previously rec'd a glitch text on 8/9 saying vehicle was ready but later the link was dead and routed me back to my account page. Tesla rep said that was "odd" as they see the text in their system but no VIN number.]
Day 14 - The wait continues.

Hard to believe I'm finding myself looking at LR AWD, as I'd initially been thinking of the lower end models.

I'd originally been thinking SR+... but while the range is likely fine for me, I don't like the idea of the charge rate caps that it has... can't do 150 V2, let alone take advantage of 250 V3. Then I'd sort of settled on LR RWD until that was discontinued. Now I'm having a hard time justifying spending $46,500 for a used LR RWD (blue, 19" wheels and had 10K on it) when a new LR AWD of the same config with the California rebates is basically the same price.

I guess my only hesitation is that the CA rebate is capped out right now, so I don't know if I'll ever see it, and I'll need to make sure I meet the Federal rebate earnings caps. In that case I guess the LR RWD would still be the cheaper option by about $2,500-$3,000.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Has anyone that ordered pearl white, within a couple days of July 28th, received VIN or delivery? I'm nearing 3 weeks no VIN, wanted to see if Im in the same boat with everyone else or am stranded out at sea. This is for non inventory.

No news for me yet … So, I am looking at Tesla stock … and I am starting to explore Chevy Bolt and Prius Prime, the cars that will cost me under 30k … and not over 50k as Tesla with subpar customer experience included even before delivery.

Update: Found out during a test drive at my local SC my vehicle was born on 8/1 and is loaded on a train for delivery. I don’t have any additional docs in my account or VIN in source. Maybe the VIN in source is not always an indicator of vehicle status? I saw the data myself so I know vin was issued.

Still in the waiting room folks. Ordered on 7/27 , got the VIN on 8/9 with an initial delivery date of 8/15.
Got a call early this week indicating they would not be able to deliver by 8/15. Asked if i would like this Saturday 8/17 instead.

Accepted that .. On a whim i checked the website today and see the date was pushed out to 8/19 - no phone call yet.

I know my SC got some cars in as they are showing inventory they didn't previously have.

Hmm, thought it only took a day or two after the VIN showing up in the Source Code before the VIN showed up on my page. So far it is 2 days and nothing from Tesla. @AWDLR3 sounds like we are both waiting. Did you check the Source Code for VIN?
Yes nothing in source. Practically read through the entire source page. The only thing I can find in there which i have seen since i placed my order was min est. Delivery month: September 2019. And Max est. Delivery month: November 2019.