Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine on 7/28, White/White, 18" Aero. I'm scheduled for delivery on August 24th. I'm waiting on my VIN and purchase order so I can give that to my bank to complete the loan paperwork which will get the check to Tesla. Hopefully by Monday I'll see a VIN in my account so the turnaround time will not be down to the wire before my delivery appointment. Oh, and I can't finalize my insurance coverage until they receive the VIN. I'm not sure what the hold up is since I received a call from my DA to let me know my M3 was in transit. If they know that much about the car then you'd think they could provide the VIN to me since they know it is in transit. I didn't think it was rocket science... but then again, maybe it is.
I just checked my account and I now have a VIN ... one week out from picking it up. Hooray!! Update: .. oh, and it's already got 50 miles on it before I even get to sit in it.

Last edited:
I just checked my account and I now have a VIN ... one week out from picking it up. Hooray!! Update: .. oh, and it's already got 50 miles on it before I even get to sit in it.
How do you know it has 50miles? If its from the MVPA then it doesnt have that much. Thats just what they put all the time for the new cars. This was the same with me and my car actually had 4 miles on it

Ordered on August 11th.

In Store (Montreal)
LR AWD - Blue
18" Aeros
Black Interior
FSD

No VIN. I'm just worried about getting a bad car (paint, assembly, etc.)
I'm selling my car before taking delivery of the 3, so I don't want to end up with zero car if I have to refuse delivery :/

Is it a problem to sell your car after you get your Tesla? If you need to use your for-sale car money toward Tesla purchase then I think trade-in is the safest option.

I am waiting for the VIN of my car that has been promised to be "Delivered within 2 weeks" for 3 weeks as of today. So, I wish you all the best luck in getting a perfect car as quickly as posible, but I advise against believing ANY Tesla promisses. Do NOT make your plans (selling your car, getting your loan, travel, marriage/divorce, getting children, etc.) based on Tesla's estimates and expectations.

How do you know it has 50miles? If its from the MVPA then it doesnt have that much. Thats just what they put all the time for the new cars. This was the same with me and my car actually had 4 miles on it
Yeah, after I posted that I noticed my VIN I went back in a few minutes later and noticed the MVPA was updated with information as well and that's when I noticed it said 50 miles. As long as it wasn't used for demo purposes I guess I can go with that Tesla put 50 miles on it to test all the functions out after the build.

Ordered on August 11th.

In Store (Montreal)
LR AWD - Blue
18" Aeros
Black Interior
FSD

No VIN. I'm just worried about getting a bad car (paint, assembly, etc.)
I'm selling my car before taking delivery of the 3, so I don't want to end up with zero car if I have to refuse delivery :/

Tesla Montreal told me 3-8 weeks between order-delivery, but most average around 4-5 weeks. I ordered July 28th, delivery date August 22nd.

Dick

Ordered on 8/5. White/Black 18" wheels
Told delivery WITHIN 2 weeks which expired today.
No VIN yet; Tesla customer service manned by rude, curt, unsympathetic people.
They say well "It's just an estimate"
When you ask if there is a new estimate: "NO"
Looking at the source: Min month OCT, Max Month DEC