Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So check this out... I'm scheduled for delivery Friday, but decided to click on the "Change Autopilot" button to see what the options are ...

"FSD Computer" - first time I've seen that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 3.37.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 3.37.45 PM.png
    125 KB · Views: 111
I placed my order last Thursday but haven’t heard anything from Tesla.. is that normal? The only thing I got was an email saying to sign into my account and put that info in.

I had placed an order late December but backed out.. they sent me an email with the vin and all that the next day but nothing at all this time.

Very normal. Make sure to upload your drivers license and insurance info, and take care of any loan application or trade in. You do that all through your account.
When it's getting close they'll text you.

So, I ordered my spec on Friday, 4/12, I got a text, the. Call today that they’re estimating my delivery date to be next Tuesday! Basically. Week and a half lead time, that’s amazing! Wondering if they found a spec matching mine somewhere else vs. getting it built from the factory.

My spec is LR AWD, Midnight Silver, 19” wheels, black interior, and now included AP.

Has anyone in Canada who has placed an order in February or March for a LR AWD receive theirs yet with a 2019 build? Just curious...seems like everything is on hold waiting for the factory to make a North American batch?
I ordered LR RWD on April 10, and was assigned a VIN the next day. After the April 11 price changes, I decided to change my order to LR AWD and just confirmed it today. They found a car for me in Calgary that they are shipping to Lawrence, and have my delivery scheduled for April 26. LR AWD, MSM/Black, Aero, AP

Ordered March 17...still waiting for a VIN :(:(. LD AWD, MSM/Black, Sport, AP. They did adjust with the new pricing for my order though

Did you have to call to have the new pricing on your account?
I ordered March 8, also no VIN. LR AWD, MSM/Black, Sport, FSD, pretty much the same thing as you.

The irony, my mother ordered a Standard range plus on April 6, and she has a VIN and delivery date of April 20... Kind of pisses me off haha

Seeing all these long waits makes me a bit nervous, but I guess I'm not desperate for a car. I actually have a delivery date and VIN on a LR RWD this week, but I called to get it upgraded to AWD as the price changed last week. I'm still waiting for the change to go through (since Sat), and I suspect that once this happens I might be back in line again.

I suspect they must have had one lying around matching my requirements which is why I originally got one in less than a week (it is actually available for delivery today). Ugh, pick up RWD today, or wait however long to get AWD for $2k more. Obviously the smart move is to wait.

Seeing all these long waits makes me a bit nervous, but I guess I'm not desperate for a car. I actually have a delivery date and VIN on a LR RWD this week, but I called to get it upgraded to AWD as the price changed last week. I'm still waiting for the change to go through (since Sat), and I suspect that once this happens I might be back in line again.

I suspect they must have had one lying around matching my requirements which is why I originally got one in less than a week (it is actually available for delivery today). Ugh, pick up RWD today, or wait however long to get AWD for $2k more. Obviously the smart move is to wait.

What color and interior did you order for your LR RWD?

Just got an update from the extremely helpful sales rep. He indicated that the order screen just doesn't update until they match a new car once you get to the point I was at before. Apparently they're trying to swap the wheels on another car they have handy, which seems to be a bit of a bureaucratic process. Failing that he said a factory delivery could take up to three weeks.

Not sure how applicable that is to anybody else waiting, but it is news.

And if they manage to do the wheel swap I guess there will be a pair of 19" wheels free to a new owner...

I think Vancouver deliveries have been forgotton about. I ordered 3/2 and no VIN. I did call sales to see what was in inventory and they told me I had a VIN and it was on its way. I emailed my DA and no word. Who knows.

I remember my DA said getting a VIN takes ~ 2-4 weeks, but definitely before Easter.....

Ordered March 17...still waiting for a VIN :(:(. LD AWD, MSM/Black, Sport, AP. They did adjust with the new pricing for my order though

emailed my DA who referred me (out of office email) to the store manager who then updated on my account with the new pricing

Did you have to call to have the new pricing on your account?
I ordered March 8, also no VIN. LR AWD, MSM/Black, Sport, FSD, pretty much the same thing as you.

The irony, my mother ordered a Standard range plus on April 6, and she has a VIN and delivery date of April 20... Kind of pisses me off haha

emailed my DA who referred me (out of office email) to the store manager who then updated on my account with the new pricing

LR AWD Red - White interior - 18 Wheels - Ordered March 27th.

I guess that combo is still waiting to be built, or has anyone received a similar spec/combo this month?

Any one had luck changing the order to match inventory? I can live without Red if that means getting a car before the end of may.