Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you taken delivery yet? I ordered a blue with white interior, FSD, with aero wheels on 4/14 and don't have a vin. Trying to decide if I want to wait for the white when it looks like there are a couple similar models available now with the black interior.

It is worth the wait for white. Blue with white interior is awesome. With the boats to Europe now loaded, There should be a lot of North American production in May and June.

Have you taken delivery yet? I ordered a blue with white interior, FSD, with aero wheels on 4/14 and don't have a vin. Trying to decide if I want to wait for the white when it looks like there are a couple similar models available now with the black interior.

I took delivery this past Wed, but they comped me 19" wheels to get me taken care of as it sounds like the 18" wheels are in short supply.

I was very happy with the car's condition - I couldn't spot any defects in the paint/trim/etc which is a general complaint I've seen. I haven't really seen so much as a slight panel misalignment, in line with previous car purchases. Now, I did have a cracked windshield which was probably a transportation problem, but they're going to replace that, and that shouldn't cause me any lasting issues. Only inconvenience is that I need to worry about getting an inspection sticker if they take too long, and having to have the sticker replaced.

They said the Blue/White cars are some of the most popular and they never stay around long in inventory.

They said the Blue/White cars are some of the most popular and they never stay around long in inventory.

Huh. I've been told it's not very common at all, and so they don't make it very much!

Still waiting on any update on mine, ordered 3/27.

There is a way to figure this out, best source of data is the order tracking spreadsheet. A quick pivot table can give us an idea of what color combos are the most popular.

Based on the data, blue is definitely the most popular exterior color, but the blue/white seat combo is not a popular choice. It is the 2nd most popular combo when choosing white seats, though. I'm surprised at how unpopular white seats are, they are amazing, IMO.

Top Exterior Colour
1. Deep Blue - 861
2. Midnight Silver - 841
3. Red - 711
4. White - 646
3. Solid Black - 640

Top Color/Seat Combo
1. Midnight Silver/Black Seats - 745
2. Deep Blue/Black Seats - 711
4. Red/Black Seats - 572
3. Solid Black/Black Seats - 565
4. White/Black Seats - 482

Top Color/White Seat Combo
1. White/White Seats - 150
2. Deep Blue/White Seats - 142
3. Red/White Seats - 120

k4xyrt.png

Not that the above is for ALL orders. If you want to filter it down further to just LR AWD (since this is what this thread is all about), the numbers do change and then you can make the case that when you choose white seats on a LR AWD, the blue/white combo is the most popular option:
29dyeu0.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kmartyn
I was doing a little research with the model 3 surveys tonight and it sure seems like what I was reading in the performance waiting room is true: looks like colors other than red and white are getting VINs and delivery dates. Hopefully, a batch is underway or on its way. It didn't seem to matter which config I looked at, it seemed like white and red were less likely to have VINs or to have scheduled delivery dates.

I was doing a little research with the model 3 surveys tonight and it sure seems like what I was reading in the performance waiting room is true: looks like colors other than red and white are getting VINs and delivery dates. Hopefully, a batch is underway or on its way. It didn't seem to matter which config I looked at, it seemed like white and red were less likely to have VINs or to have scheduled delivery dates.

Red or white exterior or red exterior/white interior? Hopefully they get cooking on meeting demand either which way.

I guess I was largely looking white interior since it seems like I’ve seen people waiting for these. It seemed to confirm what people were say that red and white exteriors on white interior cars were lagging in production. Maybe I’ll download the data, if I can, and try to see what delivery timeframes are by build config.

I took delivery this past Wed, but they comped me 19" wheels to get me taken care of as it sounds like the 18" wheels are in short supply.

That's odd... I had originally ordered 19s and waited about 2 months. They offered my 18s instead and told me 19s were not available. This was early last week. I have taken delivery since then and got the 18s. Black on black AWD.