Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post a picture of this "detailed info and tracking page". I would like to have one. Was hoping there was a way to enter my VIN in the Tesla App so I could track, but no way I see.

Don’t want to share too much because it’s the internet. It looks like an online portal that they have access to. Not sure if all the sales people have access or not.

Attachments

• 7B6D9E25-9552-4739-8E84-00B9870C26C9.jpeg
    7B6D9E25-9552-4739-8E84-00B9870C26C9.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 110
First post here! I’ve been lurking but I have some good news. I originally ordered my white/white/aero LR AWD w/o FSD on 4/28 but the day or two after I canceled and reordered to get the 5000 miles of supercharging referral. New order date was 5/2/2019 and build date was yesterday 5/24 at 4:59 am. I actually toured the factory yesterday afternoon but had no idea my car had just gone through the line. Got the text this morning saying it was on the way and scheduled pick up for 5/28. Texted my sales advisor and he sent me the detailed info and tracking page for my records. Ultimately has been smooth so far and I’m hoping it’s flawless when it shows up. Fingers crossed.

Omg. You ordered nearly the same car as me (I went with sport wheels) on the same day. Still waiting here. Literal torture.

This is kinda strange. I don't have a vin yet(ordered blue/white/19/FSD on 4/27). But my tesla account now says " submit your final payment". I'm going to wait until I can get ahold of someone at the delivery center but hopefully this means I'll have a car soon?

just got my VIN today! delivery appointment set for wednesday. AWD/Blue/White/19/FSD. I first ordered on April 14th with aero wheels. I changed my order to the 19” wheels on April 27th. I got a vin on May 5th but was going out of the country for a week so they ended up giving my car to someone else.

It was actually kinda funny because I just spoke with my DA yesterday and he said it’ll most likely be another couple weeks because “they’re just not making AWD right now.” He said he talked to his manager and that they were “reasonably confident” I’d get my car before the end of June. At least someone at Tesla believes in under promising and over delivering!

Reactions: Jazz3D
just got my VIN today! delivery appointment set for wednesday. AWD/Blue/White/19/FSD. I first ordered on April 14th with aero wheels. I changed my order to the 19” wheels on April 27th. I got a vin on May 5th but was going out of the country for a week so they ended up giving my car to someone else.

It was actually kinda funny because I just spoke with my DA yesterday and he said it’ll most likely be another couple weeks because “they’re just not making AWD right now.” He said he talked to his manager and that they were “reasonably confident” I’d get my car before the end of June. At least someone at Tesla believes in under promising and over delivering!

Congrats!!

They better be off on that AWD thing because I ordered in March and was guaranteed delivery first week of June!! Haha

You must mean they're not making RWD now. AWD for LR is the only one you can order online. It is the standard for LR.

No...I think he meant the factory is not in the middle of an AWD batch in their product wheel... Hopefully not the case, or hopefully their wheels are quick
Hmmm, maybe, but webpage still shows 2 weeks for a LR AWD. When I ordered mine in store and wanted the RWD, they said it's 4-6 weeks because they do them in a batch. Would that mean that the next AWD batch would also be 4-6 weeks out?

Hmmm, maybe, but webpage still shows 2 weeks for a LR AWD. When I ordered mine in store and wanted the RWD, they said it's 4-6 weeks because they do them in a batch. Would that mean that the next AWD batch would also be 4-6 weeks out?

Webpage has shown 2 weeks for LR AWD for the last 4+ months. It's basically meaningless...which is why threads like this one even exist.

I can't speak to the lengths or composition of Tesla's product wheels...

All know is I was told I'd get delivery first week of June, which is next week. So hopefully get a VIN and deliver date within the next few days...

Still nothing on my 5/1 order. Does anyone know if Canadian orders are matched VINs after production or after being imported into Canada? It seems all kinds of LR AWDs are in production now.

My experience has been after production. I was given a VIN while my car was still in transit - they can track them which is pretty neat - and I was told it was passing through Illinois at the time.