Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a bit of an irritating time with the order process. I ordered an LR AWD black/black aero on Sunday the 19th. I reached out the next day on the 20th as I realized that there was no place to put a referral code, and so I was told to cancel and re-order using the link. I pondered for a day or two to decide if I really wanted to reset the clock so to speak, but then yesterday I noticed that there were 2 new inventory LR AWD with my spec in Columbus Ohio. By the evening there was only one left, and so I placed the order for it with the referral link. Then I spent the better part of today trying to get a hold of anyone who could cancel my original order. It was quite the wild goose chase. Finally I managed to get an actual very helpful sales person on the phone calling from Fremont, who was able to cancel the first order. The reason I'm posting here is simply to inform that the original order had already been assigned a VIN. For both orders I never received any communication from Tesla in any way other than a "thanks for ordering" email. My car is due to arrive on Monday in Cleveland though, and from there I will likely ask for home delivery as I live about 3hrs away.

TL;DR - Order placed on the 19th actually had VIN by the 22nd, though not sure what day it was actually assigned. Cancelled that order though to make new inventory order with referral link.

I've had a bit of an irritating time with the order process. I ordered an LR AWD black/black aero on Sunday the 19th. I reached out the next day on the 20th as I realized that there was no place to put a referral code, and so I was told to cancel and re-order using the link. I pondered for a day or two to decide if I really wanted to reset the clock so to speak, but then yesterday I noticed that there were 2 new inventory LR AWD with my spec in Columbus Ohio. By the evening there was only one left, and so I placed the order for it with the referral link. Then I spent the better part of today trying to get a hold of anyone who could cancel my original order. It was quite the wild goose chase. Finally I managed to get an actual very helpful sales person on the phone calling from Fremont, who was able to cancel the first order. The reason I'm posting here is simply to inform that the original order had already been assigned a VIN. For both orders I never received any communication from Tesla in any way other than a "thanks for ordering" email. My car is due to arrive on Monday in Cleveland though, and from there I will likely ask for home delivery as I live about 3hrs away.

TL;DR - Order placed on the 19th actually had VIN by the 22nd, though not sure what day it was actually assigned. Cancelled that order though to make new inventory order with referral link.

Sales rep added referral code after I ordered 2wks from the time.
Hope you are not getting 2 Tesla... Hehe

Yes I'm sure I could have had it added in retrospect, however it was exceedingly difficult for me to actually get a hold of anyone who was at all helpful or competent. The lack of communication post-ordering of a luxury car is pretty appalling. I also had no idea how long the custom order would take, so the opportunity to take delivery of a nearby inventory car was definitely appealing. I only learned the original order had a VIN when I talked to the sales rep who cancelled it for me. It does show up as cancelled in my account so I don't think I'll end up with two thankfully :)

In any case, I'm excited that I'll have a car soon. I do wonder when the build date of the car was, though from the VIN I know it was at least this year.

First post, brand new to the forum.

Ordered an LR-AWD blue/white 18" in mid-April. Thus far I haven't been assigned a VIN. There don't seem to be any inventory matches within three states either. At this point I'm guessing I won't get it before the 500% supercharger promotion ends next week. Based on what I've read here, it looks like there's a delay in getting white interiors out. Does anyone have a lead time on them? Have there been long delays for white interiors before?

I think as long as your order was placed before the 28th you should be good.
My order was placed, but I still have no VIN and nothing on my account that says I have an active promo from the person who referred me. When does it show up, after the sale is finalized? If it's finalized after the 28th will it still apply? Or is just my $2500 reservation good enough to guarantee it even if I don't see the credit on my account yet?

Spoke with Tesla on the phone earlier today and I'm now officially eligible for a VIN match for my March order for which I didn't want delivery until June!!

Been a long wait...they said I'd get delivery 1st week of June...now just have to wait for VIN to be assigned.

When I initially placed my order I had a VIN within 2 hours before I even called them to hold my order until June, so it's already feeling like forever now... Hopefully have this VIN within a few days