Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way I understand to get a different connection, you just buy an adapter to the plug you need.

That seems strange to use the same cable not matter the voltage, amps etc....

Is that not the case? I am looking to use an existing 20amp 220 outlets I have in the garage so not sure if I need a new cable and the adapter
The cable is probably rated for 220v 50amps or 11kW. So no problem.

Ordered 5/24 LR AWD in Blue/White with Sport Wheels and FSD. I'm near Philly and contacted Devon service yesterday and they said that delivery is currently on track for either the 3rd or 4th week of June.

Just got the VIN assigned today 6/6 and Delivery appointed scheduled for 6/13. That’s way ahead of their estimate but I’m not complaining :D

VIN 392XXX

Reactions: Coderre and Jazz3D
First post here. I ordered an AWD Blue/White interior/ FSD/18 Aero wheels on May 22 and was given a "within 2 weeks" window. Nothing happened within 2 weeks so I reached out to Teslq chat to make sure there wasn't anything else I needed to do. I confirmed everything was good on my end and when I asked "so when should I expect a due date" he replied "Good question!" Guess I will continue the email / chrome refresh routine a bit longer lol

First post here. I ordered an AWD Blue/White interior/ FSD/18 Aero wheels on May 22 and was given a "within 2 weeks" window. Nothing happened within 2 weeks so I reached out to Teslq chat to make sure there wasn't anything else I needed to do. I confirmed everything was good on my end and when I asked "so when should I expect a due date" he replied "Good question!" Guess I will continue the email / chrome refresh routine a bit longer lol

Interesting, I wonder if it is the white interior that is extending your time. I know it's a standard option and all but not the default. I placed an order on 6/4 and was ready for pickup on 6/6 but I also live 160 miles from the factory.

Interesting, I wonder if it is the white interior that is extending your time. I know it's a standard option and all but not the default. I placed an order on 6/4 and was ready for pickup on 6/6 but I also live 160 miles from the factory.

I am real curious to how they choose to allocate cars. I placed an order 05/28/19 for this config, blue, white interior, 18" aeros, expecting to take delivery, if lucky, at the end of june. I had my VIN on 05/30/19 and I am taking delivery tomorrow.

I am in NC , so depending on the most typical west to east routes, am even further than GA. Curious the way timing works.

And this is not a car they had on site somewhere, the manufacture date for this vehicle is 05/28, so a car that rolled off the line the day I ordered was allocated to me, and not someone who ordered before.

Not complaining! Just I wonder what the method is to the madness.

I am real curious to how they choose to allocate cars. I placed an order 05/28/19 for this config, blue, white interior, 18" aeros, expecting to take delivery, if lucky, at the end of june. I had my VIN on 05/30/19 and I am taking delivery tomorrow.

I am in NC , so depending on the most typical west to east routes, am even further than GA. Curious the way timing works.

And this is not a car they had on site somewhere, the manufacture date for this vehicle is 05/28, so a car that rolled off the line the day I ordered was allocated to me, and not someone who ordered before.

Not complaining! Just I wonder what the method is to the madness.

I sounds like they are trying to pad some areas where they expect to get the orders and fill them while en-route or shortly after so they don't have to post them to inventory.

SInce they can only put what a dozen on a semi, I would guess they send off a semi or 20 here and there to major distribution points in hopes an order for that config will go through quickly.

With that said, if that is the case, there could be some inventory at the beginning of the next quarter to take advantage of, but I am guessing they would just sit on them at full price as the demand will go backup soon enough after the lul of the fed credit disappears.

I sounds like they are trying to pad some areas where they expect to get the orders and fill them while en-route or shortly after so they don't have to post them to inventory.

SInce they can only put what a dozen on a semi, I would guess they send off a semi or 20 here and there to major distribution points in hopes an order for that config will go through quickly.

With that said, if that is the case, there could be some inventory at the beginning of the next quarter to take advantage of, but I am guessing they would just sit on them at full price as the demand will go backup soon enough after the lul of the fed credit disappears.
I am hoping that an order in late May won't be delivered in July as that would defeat the purpose of my order then.

I am hoping that an order in late May won't be delivered in July as that would defeat the purpose of my order then.

Yes, I would have to make some tough decisions at that point whether to cancel the order and see what the new quarter brings or stick with it. I honestly don't see prices going down, in this case it is 1875 which they have already raised in $700 + tax in the past few weeks if you include taking the homelink out which I need. I should have just custom ordered a LR RWD in early May and have been done with it but here I am.

Yes, I would have to make some tough decisions at that point whether to cancel the order and see what the new quarter brings or stick with it. I honestly don't see prices going down, in this case it is 1875 which they have already raised in $700 + tax in the past few weeks if you include taking the homelink out which I need. I should have just custom ordered a LR RWD in early May and have been done with it but here I am.
I originally planned to order this week based on previous vacation plans and the website's two week delivery date. Glad I didn't as who knows when I'd get it based on events thus far.

[
Just got the VIN assigned today 6/6 and Delivery appointed scheduled for 6/13. That’s way ahead of their estimate but I’m not complaining :D

VIN 392XXX

Just took delivery at Devon this afternoon!!

Everything went smoothly!! They are an awesome team there. Said they are delivering 70+ cars over next 2 days!

Drive home was amazing. Car is charging now and awaiting a name. Can't decide!!

So psyched!!!

Ohh and it does have Homelink.. so I'm also really happy about that

Reactions: DireOtter
I ordered a LR AWD Blue/White two days ago and I just got a text message saying they will deliver the car to my home on 6/24

Has anyone here done home delivery? Do they pick up the trade-in from home as well or, I have to drop it off somewhere?