Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you guys give me hope --

my order is from 10/16 .. so it might be close -- it also might not ..

sometimes i wonder how i can be so excited for car --- its just a car.. but i am.

Embrace your inner child!

I think everyone here is in the same boat. Especially me. I am a pretty patient person, but not on things like this. I am a kid on Christmas Eve. I no longer resist it, I celebrate it!

Heck, I was one of those morons lining up overnight at an Apple Store on the eve of a new model launch. Totally unnecessary, but fun!

New guy again. I just checked my source code and got a vin. Ordered on October 12. LR AWD Metallic, Premium Wheels. Hope this helps estimates. I'm unable to update the spreadsheet without filling in the all my info into the form again. Any ideas to rectify this?

When I did tried to decode the vin it's coming up as a Model X 2016 so this is probably a mistake and not truly my vin. Apologies guys.

Sorry that was a typo.

As far as I’m aware, you can’t downgrade a FSD reservation to AP.
Sorry that was a typo.

As far as I’m aware, you can’t downgrade a FSD reservation to AP.
It seems pretty easy.. I just hit the "Modify" button, uncheck FSD, and then click Submit again. I asked the Tesla rep about it and he said it's possible. I told him I was on the fence but wanted to lock in the price, so he recommended I do it.

I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I got it..... wallet wouldn't be as happy, but the rest of me would be.

I'm on the fence about FSD, so I just added it to my order to lock in the price. I figure I can just remove it later if I change my mind.

It’s funny, we own some decent cars, but none that have any “smart car” features like lane keeping or auto-braking. We’ve gotten loaners before when our car is in the shop and had cars with them, and kind of viewed the features as gimmicky and inconsistent. Never felt the need to splurge on them

I approached the model 3 the same on the test drive. I said “don’t need to blow 6k on FSD- I like driving my car”

When we turned that thing on during the test drive and I felt the car snap right into the middle of the lane, and watched it slow down and speed up with traffic, it’s like a switch instantly went off in my head that said “oh, 6k is a steal for this!”

I know it’s going to change the way we handle highway travel.

It’s funny, we own some decent cars, but none that have any “smart car” features like lane keeping or auto-braking. We’ve gotten loaners before when our car is in the shop and had cars with them, and kind of viewed the features as gimmicky and inconsistent. Never felt the need to splurge on them

I approached the model 3 the same on the test drive. I said “don’t need to blow 6k on FSD- I like driving my car”

When we turned that thing on during the test drive and I felt the car snap right into the middle of the lane, and watched it slow down and speed up with traffic, it’s like a switch instantly went off in my head that said “oh, 6k is a steal for this!”

I know it’s going to change the way we handle highway travel.

You do realize the Model 3 features you describe are standard on the LR AWD? Traffic aware cruise control (which applies brakes as needed) and auto steering are all included. FSD adds self parking, smart summon, highway navigation and the ability to recognize stop lights and stop signs ("coming soon")

But I'm with you on FSD. The Model 3 I rented had FSD. I tried the "on ramp to off ramp" self driving navigation. It lasted about one minute, I just couldn't let it make choices on its own. I barely could handle the self-parking. I never did try auto steer, but I probably will when I get my Model 3. For at least one minute. ;)

I'm honestly still on the fence about it. $6,000 goes a long way and it's still only in beta. It's only getting more expensive, which makes it even less appealing to me.

It's only my order for now.

Update: Honestly I just talked myself out of it. I took it off my order. It just doesn't seem like it's worth $6,000. It's amazing tech and definitely the leader in the industry, but the car is already pricey on its own.

Last edited:
You do realize the Model 3 features you describe are standard on the LR AWD? Traffic aware cruise control (which applies brakes as needed) and auto steering are all included. FSD adds self parking, smart summon, highway navigation and the ability to recognize stop lights and stop signs ("coming soon")

But I'm with you on FSD. The Model 3 I rented had FSD. I tried the "on ramp to off ramp" self driving navigation. It lasted about one minute, I just couldn't let it make choices on its own. I barely could handle the self-parking. I never did try auto steer, but I probably will when I get my Model 3. For at least one minute. ;)

you’re absolutely right. And I keep forgetting that. We did use true FSD where it took us off an exit and changed lanes. Still want those features for long drives

Hi All (My first post here),
I ordered on 10/22
LR AWD (Only long range option in Japan)
Blue
Black interior (again, only option in Japan)
18 inch Aero
No FSD (but they tried to upsell that pretty hard...)
I don't have the VIN yet, but they said the car is one of the last LR in stock.
Not sure on the delivery date yet.
I mailed out all of the preparation paperwork yesterday (Proxies for registration, trade-in, parking space, etc [The Japanese government loves paperwork])
Hopefully it'll show up soon, but the Tokyo Car Show is going on and my Sales/Delivery Rep is up in Tokyo for that...

Reactions: iamroy