Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered - Oct 19, 2019 Vancouver Canada. LR/AWD Midnight Silver Metallic 18" aero no FSD - Just received below reply from my sales person - Delivery person is MIA

"Took a look and we're still waiting for the vehicle to show up in town. As many others are eagerly waiting to receive news themselves, I'd expect you'll hear more closer to mid December as that's when we're expecting this particular Model 3 trim to be coming in."

Ordered 11/1. Asked about LR AWD Performance ("sleeper") via email to Tesla contact last night, drove one home tonight after a very busy day and lots of phone calls (busy day not just because of the car). The local center had a white one with black interior and 19" wheels which was a close match to my desires, and wife and I snatched it up. Very happy with it so far. I wasn't expecting to actually find one; it was a nice surprise that worked out. I hope everyone is very happy with their orders and that they come for you soon!

Entering the queue! Ordered on 10/19, LR AWD, pearl white, 18" aeros, white interior, autopilot. No VIN yet, week 6 of waiting.

Order was placed a just couple days after the estimate changed from "2 weeks" to "6-10 weeks." Website now saying "3-5 weeks," so I'm getting a little more hopeful. I've spoken to five different advisors, including my SA in Salt Lake City over the phone recently, and no one has been comfortable giving me an ETA.

Anyone heard anything about deliveries to the Mountain Time zone?

Entering the queue! Ordered on 10/19, LR AWD, pearl white, 18" aeros, white interior, autopilot. No VIN yet, week 6 of waiting.

Order was placed a just couple days after the estimate changed from "2 weeks" to "6-10 weeks." Website now saying "3-5 weeks," so I'm getting a little more hopeful. I've spoken to five different advisors, including my SA in Salt Lake City over the phone recently, and no one has been comfortable giving me an ETA.

Anyone heard anything about deliveries to the Mountain Time zone?

I am in Utah and it doesn't sound like any cars have come recently. I did hear that some SRs are expected to be delivered to Salt Lake City around the 27th but I haven't heard about any LR/Performance cars coming.

I met with my SA yesterday and gave her a small pre-delivery gift and after she said in private that they had just finished all the model S and X orders first before production of model 3 goes full tilt. It is going to happen soon if not happening already. Check the thread with the guy that said tons of model 3's were loaded on carriers in Fremont and ready to go!

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
I met with my SA yesterday and gave her a small pre-delivery gift and after she said in private that they had just finished all the model S and X orders first before production of model 3 goes full tilt. It is going to happen soon if not happening already. Check the thread with the guy that said tons of model 3's were loaded on carriers in Fremont and ready to go!

Brilliant! Bribery! I shoulda thought of that!

Or was it quid pro quo?

:D

Ordered on 16 November; I live < 15 miles from the Fremont factory. Nothing special ordered...the free white color with FSD. Based on all that I've read, I've set my aggressive expectations on a delivery in mid/late January 2020; but I know realistic is probably April (hopefully before tax day). Earlier if it happens, will be a delightful serving of icing on a holiday cake ;-)

My SA has already been in touch to introduce themselves, and they were very responsive when I asked them to add a referral code post-order.

Ordered on 16 November; I live < 15 miles from the Fremont factory. Nothing special ordered...the free white color with FSD. Based on all that I've read, I've set my aggressive expectations on a delivery in mid/late January 2020; but I know realistic is probably April (hopefully before tax day). Earlier if it happens, will be a delightful serving of icing on a holiday cake ;-)

My SA has already been in touch to introduce themselves, and they were very responsive when I asked them to add a referral code post-order.
Doesnt the website explicitly say orders made today will be delivered by end of year?

Reactions: house9

I'm pretty sure you will get delivery by the end of year. If Tesla guarantees that (which they do), then it's for real. You're also in luck as you don't have far to go to get to the Fremont delivery center. Good luck.

Doesnt the website explicitly say orders made today will be delivered by end of year?

Hehe it says that *now* but it did NOT say that when I put my order in - the estimate said 4-6 weeks.
A member earlier stated that his 2 week estimated order placed in mid October still has not been fulfilled which means it's now 2x beyond the delivery estimate. This puts my 6 week estimate at 12 weeks, and if the overall fulfillment as a percentage of total orders is actually going down (delivery backlog is growing because they can't deliver fast enough), it might be longer.

Like I said, if I get notification in a week or two that my order is scheduled for delivery or if I check and see the VIN is assigned, then what a pleasant surprise ;-)

Hehe it says that *now* but it did NOT say that when I put my order in - the estimate said 4-6 weeks.
A member earlier stated that his 2 week estimated order placed in mid October still has not been fulfilled which means it's now 2x beyond the delivery estimate. This puts my 6 week estimate at 12 weeks, and if the overall fulfillment as a percentage of total orders is actually going down (delivery backlog is growing because they can't deliver fast enough), it might be longer.

Like I said, if I get notification in a week or two that my order is scheduled for delivery or if I check and see the VIN is assigned, then what a pleasant surprise ;-)
Why would they deliver a car ordered today but not yours? This forum has made you paranoid beyond reason.

My order page still says 2 weeks from order complete date which was 10/7 so I'm now at 7 weeks and still have no confidence that I'm within 2 weeks.

If you are board can you take a ride to the factory and see if you can spot any M3P with Gray wheels and red calipers :) thanks in advance.

I'm in your same situation is seems. Ordered on 10/4. Was told 2 weeks but more likely 2-3 weeks. Yet, here we are. On the positive I'm slowly mastering the art of patience!
My config is LR AWD MSM/black/19/AP; it's pretty clear that geography matters but I'm beginning to believe that exterior color matters just as much if not more. It appears to be a batch processing operation and a "bad" choice can really slow things down.

My config is LR AWD MSM/black/19/AP; it's pretty clear that geography matters but I'm beginning to believe that exterior color matters just as much if not more. It appears to be a batch processing operation and a "bad" choice can really slow things down.

I went with LR AWD White/black/19/AP. I'm sure a lot of people went with this config to a degree but I am closer to the west coast...

I went with LR AWD White/black/19/AP. I'm sure a lot of people went with this config to a degree but I am closer to the west coast...

Do you have a VIN or delivery date yet? I live in the same area and originally, I had the same car as you on order then a few days later I changed to a P3D+ thinking that they may make those first before the LR AWD cars. Then I heard there was going to be a newly minted batch of P3D- minus cars so I changed to one of those all in an effort to get whatever AWD would show up first. I am wondering if I made the right choice. Haha