Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from the dealership in Princeton! They said that my car has finished production in Fremont and they're preparing the vehicle for shipping. They estimate delivery will be in about 2 weeks but they will reach out towards the beginning of next week to confirm things like financing and give me a more solid estimate.

For reference, I placed the order for a white ext. black int. M3 LR AWD with 18in aeros on 7/15. No VIN or MVPA on the page or in the source code but this is great news!
Congrats! Glad to see M3s are moving! Interestingly though, I ordered the same car (except with 19in sport wheels) in Cincinnati, OH (closer to CA) on 7/12 and no VIN, no updates from SA. Uggh, I guess this is Tesla lol.

Similar story - I reached out to my SA today and he informed me that Tesla had just shipped out a couple of batches of my particular configuration and that he expects the car to arrive in 3 weeks or less; ordered mine on 7/5 - LR AWD, Red, 19inch, White Interior

John

Just got a call from the dealership in Princeton! They said that my car has finished production in Fremont and they're preparing the vehicle for shipping. They estimate delivery will be in about 2 weeks but they will reach out towards the beginning of next week to confirm things like financing and give me a more solid estimate.

For reference, I placed the order for a white ext. black int. M3 LR AWD with 18in aeros on 7/15. No VIN or MVPA on the page or in the source code but this is great news!
Pleas explain "source code" in this context. Thank you.

Pleas explain "source code" in this context. Thank you.

Some users have reported that if you check the Page Source you can find a hidden VIN numbers. If you want to try go to your order page, right click and hit "View Page Source". I dont have one in my page but the VIN would be in the field here in the empty quotes:
"showDetailsInSelfInsuranceForm":true, "vin":""

• Informative
Reactions: Michelle_eriw
Some users have reported that if you check the Page Source you can find a hidden VIN numbers. If you want to try go to your order page, right click and hit "View Page Source". I dont have one in my page but the VIN would be in the field here in the empty quotes:
"showDetailsInSelfInsuranceForm":true, "vin":""
Thanks. I kinda thought that was what it was, but wasn't sure.

Congrats! I also have an order date of 7/15 and I live 30 miles away from you, but I haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if our cars will be on the same truck. Fingers crossed!

Received my delivery appointment text this afternoon. Ordered June 27th and picking up Aug 18th (first available date in the window). Looks like the North East is starting to get some deliveries :)

Received my delivery appointment text this afternoon. Ordered June 27th and picking up Aug 18th (first available date in the window). Looks like the North East is starting to get some deliveries :)

Just got my delivery text as well! I was able to sneak a pick up in on 8/15 in the morning. Just checked my order page and I'm now prompted to submit the down payment which I just took care of. Still waiting on the VIN though

Happy to see a good number of people getting delivery updates after not seeing much happen in July!

Wondering who you guys spoke with to get a VIN or any type of delivery or status update? I have a 7/15 order date and called the SC I'm picking up from and they basically said I'll get a text within 4-8 weeks from order placed date and that's all they can tell me.

Happy to see a good number of people getting delivery updates after not seeing much happen in July!

Wondering who you guys spoke with to get a VIN or any type of delivery or status update? I have a 7/15 order date and called the SC I'm picking up from and they basically said I'll get a text within 4-8 weeks from order placed date and that's all they can tell me.

I actually just got my VIN, I pulled it off the Lending Agreement that was uploaded to my page. It would appear where your Order Agreement and Lemon Law policy are. I didn't notice it at first. The documents only appeared after I submitted the down payment for the car.